About REWAC Cameroon
REFUGEE WELFARE ASSOCIATION CAMEROON (REWAC) is a small indigenous non-governmental organization registered under Cameroon law in March 2009. We are dedicated to actions, activities, projects and programmes that defend the rights of refugees, asylum seekers and internally displaced persons.
The Copywriter will embody and develop REWAC’s voice across all touch points. A conceptual thinker and immaculate writer, you will generate creative concepts, write nuanced and compelling copy in support of the organization and contribute to the overall content strategy
What you will do:
- Generate creative concepts, write and present copy options in response to creative briefs.
- Create engaging copy across a range of formats, including emails, blog posts, newsletters, press release, partnership content etc.
- Embody and evolve REWAC’s voice, tone and style.
- Work within the Creative Team on projects that combine visual and written content.
- Oversee ongoing edits and revisions of copy across all platforms ( website, social channels etc.), making sure that it conforms to organization guidelines.
- Review data and process user feedback to identify creative insights and opportunities.
- Work closely with the senior web developer and teams to understand the humans that make up the REWAC community and find innovative ways to use copy and content to engage them.
- At least one year experience as a content creator/copywriter
- Strong conceptual thinker and confident stylist. Able to write lucid, clear copy without sacrificing emotional complexity.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Precise and competent editor, with a hawk’s eye for detail and a willingness to accept imperfection when the context demands it.
- Demonstrated ability to generate original copy ideas that resonate with the target audience.
- Ability to adapt copy according to nuance and context of different platforms and touch points.
- Able to think about future projects while maintaining the day-to-day publication of a content platform.
How to Apply
Send your CV and cover letter to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Fully Remote