CALL FOR INTERNAL/EXTERNAL APPLICATIONS FOR THE RECRUITMENT OF A TEMPORARY JUNIOR HUMAN RESOURCES EXPERT FOR THE REGIONAL OFFICE OF THE DEUTSCHE GESELLSCHAFT FÜR INTERNATIONALE ZUSAMMENARBEIT (GIZ) IN YAOUNDE (BRY) IN YAOUNDE.
GIZ is a globally active international cooperation service provider. With its partners, it develops effective solutions that open up prospects for populations and sustainably improve their living conditions. GIZ monitors compliance with legal obligations by applying labor law regulations and seeks to improve working conditions and organization. The well-being of its employees and the smooth running of its operations are GIZ’s top priority, wherever it is located in the world.
The GIZ Regional Office in Yaoundé (BRY), Cameroon has been opened to support the entire portfolio of Projects and Programs implemented by GIZ. Its main missions are to guarantee the conformity of the processes and the administrative support necessary to expedite the various development actions by area of intervention carried out in the five countries covered by the BRY: Cameroon, the Central African Republic, Gabon, Chad and Sao Tome.
In order to carry out its activities, the BRY is looking for a Temporary Junior Human Resources Expert , to strengthen its HR team.
B. Areas of responsibility
The post holder is responsible for the following activities:
- Efficient execution of HR service requests;
- The performance of HR missions in compliance with the GIZ Principles and Rules;
- Supporting P/Ps in the management and development of their teams.
- Dialogue with project and program managers
The job holder
- Accompanies the project on all questions relating to HR.
- Analyzes and participates in implementing requests from Projects/Programs and BRY Management, main HR-related activities such as staff recruitment and integration, skills development, performance evaluation, staff mobility personnel and administrative personnel management.
- Supports the HR BPs in collaborating with the projects and the HRM on the development of an annual planning of HR needs and major HR events.
- Staff recruitment and integration
The job holder
- Analyzes, prepares calls for applications at the request of projects and programs and in close collaboration with them.
- Organizes the search for personnel and implements the recruitment process in accordance with GIZ standards.
- Welcomes and informs new employees in the execution of the formalities related to their recruitment (registration or CNPS declaration, constitution of the personal file, registration with the insurer, medical examination of recruitment…) and accompanies them to facilitate their effective integration.
- Staff administrative management
The job holder
- Collects, processes and files personnel files in accordance with the rules and guidelines applicable to GIZ.
- Prepares employment contracts for new employees (national and regional staff) in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and submits them for signature. Checks the sanctions list for national staff.
- Ensures the management of contracts via SAP and the follow-up of employees for all questions relating to personnel.
- Skills development
The job holder
- Participates in the development of HR instruments and procedures.
- Ensures, on the instructions of the HR Manager, the implementation and compliance with strategies for national staff.
- Contributes to national Human Resources skills development actions (e.g. skills mapping, availability planning, consideration when allocating vacant positions, advice, organization and implementation of skills development actions) .
- Contributes to the organization of Onboarding Training sessions.
- Participates in the organization of the evaluation procedure and ensures follow-up with hierarchical superiors.
- Advises executives on training actions
- Proposes solutions to HR BP and the HR Manager on complex issues as well as substantive problems that concern his field of action.
- Other powers
The job holder
- Assumes other activities and duties as instructed by his/her supervisor.
D. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- License (BAC+3) in Human Resources Management, Law, Management or Social Sciences, or any other equivalent diploma.
Professional experience :
- 3 to 5 years of professional experience in a similar position.
- Master job interviews and the recruitment process as a whole
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be flexible and multitasking
- Be resistant to pressure
- Have writing skills and a spirit of synthesis
- Have a keen sense of organization and a great ability to carry out autonomous conceptual work
- Have strong knowledge of Labor Law
- Have experience in vocational training
- Have the sense of communication and relational
- Have a strong sense of listening and a great capacity for analysis
- Have experience in conflict management
- Have a very good practical knowledge of the use of information and communication technologies (corresponding software as well as telephone, fax, e-mail, Internet) as well as computer applications
- Having a good knowledge of the payroll system (working time, overtime, illness, pension, contributions, balance of any account, etc.) would be an asset
- Have a command of the French language
- Have a good command of the English language
- Knowledge of German would be an asset
Availability date: 01.07.2022
Deadline for admissibility of application files: 26.05.2022
Contract period: 03 months renewable
Duty station: Yaoundé
Internal classification of the position: Band 3A / under the hierarchical supervision of the Human Resources Manager .
Composition (required) of application files : Cover letter, CV (2 pages max) and 03 professional references.
Submission of applications: All applications will only be received on our career site, via the e-recruiting platform accessible through the link: https://gizkamerun.jobs.net .
Female candidates are strongly encouraged!