The Support Program for Changes in the Cameroon Cotton Basin – Rural Development Support Program (ABC-PADER) of the GIZ is the result of joint cooperation between Cameroon, Germany and the European Union. It started in September 2020 and is co-funded by the European Union (EU) and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). It aims to improve the economic performance of private actors in agriculture and livestock by taking into account production systems adapted to climate change. More specifically, it is a question of strengthening employment in rural areas and the sustainability of production systems in the face of climate change.
Achieving these objectives requires the implementation of activities and measures through the following products:
- Securing land and sustainable land management;
- Agricultural finance and entrepreneurship;
- Sustainable productivity enhanced by climate-smart agriculture;
- Sector policy and inter-institutional dialogue;
- Agropastoral vocational training.
The incumbent is responsible for the following activities in accordance with the quality standards in force:
- Management of the Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation System (PSE) of the ABC-PADER program;
- Final responsibility for the contributions of the PES unit to the ABC-PADER report;
- Support for the representation of ABC-PADER in national and international bodies.
- Management of the Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation System of the ABC-PADER program
The job holder
- Manages and coordinates the PES system of the program which is based on the existing systems of the partners and facilitates the contribution of the thematic managers and the subcontractor to the capitalization of the results of the Program;
- Organizes and supervises the activities of the specialized consulting firm (BES) for monitoring and evaluation;
- Plans Results-Based Monitoring (SAR) stages and organizes the surveys necessary to feed the monitoring-evaluation system with field data;
- Organizes self-assessment and planning workshops (including Capacity Works tools);
- Assumes the final responsibility of the PSE unit for the data (quality, quantity);
- Participates in the formulation of program action plans and helps to harmonize the planning system and the budgeting system as well as with partners;
- Collects and selects information and reports from the program area of intervention, (checking trends, challenges, lessons learned and good practices) in order to provide the team with facts and figures to arrive at conscious decisions, which consequently influence the implementation of program activities;
- Builds the capacities of program partners on monitoring and evaluation.
Final responsibility for the contributions of the PSE unit to the ABC-PADER report
- Annually documents the results of the SAR system, including proposals and suggestions relevant to the strategic direction of the program;
- Ensures the preparation of the various program reports, including annual activity reports (EU, BMZ, national partners), and provides contributions for other reports requested by the Program Director and by the headquarters of the GIZ and the EU according to the requested formats and in strict compliance with the deadlines.
Support for the representation of ABC-PADER in national and international bodies
- Represents the PSE unit of ABC-PADER during important and strategic meetings (for example with donors, ministries, CAON, etc.);
- Contributes to the organization of meetings of the Steering Committee (COPIL) and the Operational Monitoring Committee (CoSo) of the ABC-PADER Program;
- Consults with key partners (SODECOTON, MINADER, etc.) on SAR and data for better consistency and complementarity.
4. Other attributions
The incumbent assumes other activities and tasks on the instructions of his immediate superior.
Qualifications, skills and experience required
- Bac +5 or more in agronomy, agroeconomics, rural sociology or any other field related to the theme
- At least 10 years of work experience in (rural) development projects;
- At least 5 years of experience in the planning, monitoring and evaluation of (rural) development projects, including the organization of surveys among target groups;
- Excellent management, planning and organizational skills;
- Good writing and speaking skills;
- Very good working knowledge of the use of information and communication technologies (relevant software as well as telephone, fax, e-mail, Internet) as well as computer applications (especially MS Excel, Word, Access or other data software basic) ;
- Good experience in representative functions (presentations, high-level exchanges, for example in ministries);
- A good command of French and English, knowledge of the German language would be an asset;
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure, high degree of self-organization, structured way of working and intercultural skills;
- Flexibility for medium or long-term missions in the program intervention areas;
- Experience with German cooperation and/or the European Union would be an asset.
Date of availability: 15.07.2022
Deadline for admissibility of application files: 15.05.2022
Contract period: 2 years renewable
Place of employment: Yaoundé
Internal classification of the position: Band 4T; under the hierarchical supervision of the Program Director.
Composition of application files
- 1 cover letter
- CV of 2 pages maximum
- 3 professional references.
To apply for this job please visit application.careerbuilder1.eu.