Solidarités International is recruiting a Base Logistician
Place of employment: Makary with field trips
Type of contract: CDD (12 months renewable depending on funding)
PRESENTATION OF THE ORGANIZATION
Solidarités International is a French humanitarian organization present in Cameroon since July 2014. Since 2014, the mission has been carrying out several emergency and post-emergency programs in the East and Far North regions. After a first base opened in Garoua Boulai in 2014 to respond to the Central African crisis and the massive influx of CAR refugees in the region, then in Makary in early 2017 to respond to the Lake Chad Basin crisis, SI opened in October 2017 a base in Mokolo, then Maroua in order to meet the basic needs of vulnerable populations in the border areas of the Mayo Tsanaga department. Thus in Cameroon, Solidarités International operates in the areas of Water, Hygiene and Sanitation (WASH) and Food Security and Livelihoods (SAME).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS DESCRIPTIONS
Placed under the authority of the Far North Area Coordinator, the Base Logistician is responsible for implementing and supervising all of Solidarités International’s logistics activities in the far north. Based in Makary, he (she) has a field of action on the Maroua base, organizes logistical support for programs in compliance with Solidarités International procedures and particularly provides support in building the capacities of Makary teams. and Maroua while traveling to the Maroua base for logistics monitoring.
He (she) will have the following main responsibilities:
- Carry out the analysis of the purchasing environment at the local level
- Supervise the updating of price lists and reliable supplier files
- Provide support to assistants and/or logistics agent in making purchases
- Master Solidarités International purchasing procedures and those of donors financing the mission’s programs
- Establish BOQ, purchasing plans and update purchasing timelines based on activity timelines and contextual and procedural logistical constraints
- Manage supply needs from the LINK application
- Update the LFU daily, monitor and respect the budget lines assigned to logistics
- Supervise the creation of purchasing files and draft contracts
- Set up framework contracts for repetitive needs (stationery, NFI, IT, maintenance products, vehicles, etc.) Participate in the drafting of calls for tenders
- Supervise the implementation of purchases by ensuring compliance with validation rules and procedures
- Select suppliers, negotiate prices, deadlines and delivery terms Ensure that purchasing files are complete and archived according to Solidarités International procedures
- Ensure the follow-up of the relations with the suppliers
Vehicle fleet management
- Negotiate vehicle rental contracts
- Oversee the planning and execution of mission vehicle maintenance and repair operations
- Establish the schedule of vehicle and driver movements
- Ensure the composition and presence of the on-board kit in all vehicles
- Permanently ensure the general training of drivers and carry out regular knowledge checks
- Empower the team of drivers to respect the procedures and safety rules specific to Solidarités International
- Check the presence and proper use of vehicle tracking books
- Ensure the monitoring, consolidation, analysis and reporting of fuel consumption and mileage indexes for each vehicle Prevent the diversion of fuel and spare parts
- Ensure the presence, classification and follow-up of administrative documents for each vehicle
Management of the equipment / telecommunications fleet
- Update fleet status in real time
- Optimize the distribution of equipment according to the needs of the activities
- Organize the installation, securing and monitoring and proper use of materials and equipment
- Install and ensure regular maintenance of the means of communication
- Train the teams in the use of the means of communication
IT asset management and monitoring
- Update anti-virus
- Set up a backup and data protection procedure
- Ensure the maintenance and proper use of computer equipment
- Provide technical assistance to teams and organize training sessions
- Choose the premises, decide on the layout plan and organize the securing of the storage spaces
- Ensure good storage conditions for the equipment and ensure that expiry dates are checked
- Ensure compliance with procedures for stock entries and exits
- Ensure the proper maintenance of documentation related to storage Supervise the monthly physical inventory of stocks
Human Resource Management
- Analyze and quantify logistics personnel needs
- Recruit, train and manage the logistics team
- Perform EAPs of logistics team members
- Hold regular formal meetings with team members
- Implement the means determined by the safety referent to ensure the safety of the teams
- Escalate information relating to safety to the safety referent in charge of safety and to the Field coordinator.
Reporting / Capitalization
- Ensure the capitalization of price and supplier lists, as well as on the documentation in use (import – export, exemption, taxes)
- Thoroughly monitor purchases and inform requesters of the progress of processing their orders on LINK
- Ensure that vital information related to logistics management circulates correctly on the base and between the base and the coordination.
- Consolidate the logistics pack on a monthly basis and submit it to the logistics coordinator on time.
- Provide the logistics coordinator with all the elements necessary for writing intermediate and final reports
- Escalate the physical purchase files of the closed programs to the coordination according to the established periodicity
- Level: Diploma at Bac + 5 minimum, in the field of logistics
- Professional experience: minimum 2 years of experience in a similar position
- Proven experience in management or team management and security management
- Good knowledge of project management
- Experience in an international organization is an asset
- Knowledge of the Far North of Cameroon and more specifically Logone and Chari
- Ability to manage a team
- Good writing skills and ability to synthesize
- Negotiation, coordination and communication experience
- Excellent level of French, knowledge of the local language desired
- Good knowledge of basic software (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power point etc.).
- Management, Diplomat and good communicator, autonomy, independence, taking initiative,
- Organizational skills (important) at field level o Open-mindedness, rigor, dynamism, responsiveness
HOW TO APPLY?
Your application file must imperatively consist of the following documents: CV, cover letter, photocopies of diplomas and certificates, valid national identity card, work certificates, list of at least 3 relevant references. You can add any other relevant document likely to complete your file. All document files should be named according to the content of the document.
Your file should be sent to the HR Department of Solidarités International by e-mail with the subject line “ LOG BASE EN ” to the address: email@example.com .
No paper applications will be accepted, and incomplete applications will not be processed.
Preselected candidates will be contacted by email or telephone to take a technical test.
The feminine candidacies are deeply encouraged.
Deadline: 09/01/2023 at 5:00 p.m.