Nachtigal Hydro Power Company (NHPC)
Nachtigal Hydro Power Company (NHPC) is a public limited company (SA) under Cameroonian law, owned by Electricité de France (40%), the International Finance Corporation (20%), the Republic of Cameroon (15%), Africa50 (15%). ) and STOA (10%).
Created in 2016, NHPC’s mission is to design, finance and build the Nachtigal Amont hydroelectric development and the energy evacuation transmission line. The company was also entrusted by the State with the operation of the hydroelectric development for 35 years, thus establishing itself as a lasting player in the Cameroonian electricity sector.
Nachtigal is currently the largest public-private partnership in the field of energy in sub-Saharan Africa, financed 24% by its shareholders and 76% by debt.
This magnificent human and industrial adventure will see its work start in the first months of 2019 for commercial commissioning scheduled for the end of 2023. With its 420 MW Nachtigal will then be the largest production plant in Cameroon supplying competitive, abundant energy (30 % of the country’s energy) and without any CO2 emissions.
At the heart of this formidable Project, the women and men of NHPC will have the mission, alongside our partners, of making Nachtigal an exemplary site at the service of Sustainable Development in Cameroon.
It is within this framework that the Environment and Social Department is looking for its (its) Social Framework, Labor Law
Member of the Environment and Social Department, the purpose of the Social Framework, Labor Law is to contribute to the implementation of the environmental and social management system of NHPC in compliance with the strategic orientations of the company and the legal and regulatory requirements of Environmental standards.
Its main tasks include:
- Ensure compliance with the requirements in the social field / labor law on the Site
- Contribute to the management of NHPC Contracts concerning social activities
- Allow the link between the Shipyard and the stakeholders of the Nachtigal Project with regard to employment issues
The main expected business skills are as follows :
- Bac+5 training in social sciences and labor law;
- At least 10 years of experience in the field of labor law.
- Mastery of procedures for monitoring and implementing environmental and social management plans for industrial projects / infrastructure sites
- Knowledge of Cameroonian regulations (Labour Code, Collective Agreements, etc.)
- Knowledge of environmental and social performance standards (IFC, World Bank, etc.);
- Mastery of social risk management for large-scale projects;
- International experience in managing the social impacts of a major project would be a plus;
- Good capacity in budget development and monitoring
The main expected general skills are as follows :
- Good sensitivity on Social, Health and Safety
- Developed sense of ethics
- Rigour, discipline and strong organizational skills
- Very good interpersonal skills and listening skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good working capacity
- Good ability to assess and manage risks
- Good command of French and/or English both orally and in writing
Type of Contract: Construction contract
Filing deadlines: 04/25/2022
Category: Frame / 10
To apply for this job please visit nhpcrecrute.com.