To support current and future initiatives in certain regions, CARE Cameroon plans to recruit several SERA Officers
CARE is one of the largest humanitarian aid networks in the world, apolitical and non-denominational that supports and manages emergency and development projects by involving communities, collaborating with local partners. Our objective is to fight against all forms of poverty, to defend access to fundamental rights, to combat social injustice. Supporting women’s empowerment and acting for their rights are essential actions in the fight against poverty, which is why women are at the heart of our programs. CARE is present in 100 countries and through the implementation of nearly 1000 emergency and development projects.
In Cameroon since 1978, CARE develops and implements 3 action programs (broken down into several projects) in response to humanitarian crises and support for sustainable development. They are part of the phases of emergency, resilience of women and young people, access to sexual health and reproduction of the populations most at risk, including PLHIV.
The Economic and Climate Justice program at CARE Cameroon aims to improve access and control of economic resources for 700,000 young people and women and that 200,000 people improve their resilience to climate change and contribute to the energy transition.
As part of its missions, CARE Cameroon currently implements:
- in the East and Far North Regions, several projects aligned with its 2023-2027 multi-year strategy, namely economic and climate justice as well as Sexual and Reproductive Health;
- in all regions of Cameroon, the HIV/TB community grant from the NFM3 financing of the Global Fund.
To support current and future initiatives in these regions, CARE Cameroon plans to recruit several SERA Officers:
Position: Six (06) SERA Officers
Form of contract: CDD of one (01) year with possibility of renewal (Trial period included) – CDD until 31/12/2023 for the Global Fund only
Working time: 40 hours per week (Full-time)
Reporting line: National Monitoring-Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Manager
Job location: Yaoundé, Maroua, and Batouri (position not relocated)
The SERA Officers of Programs and projects implemented within the CARE Cameroon Organization, under the supervision of their functional and hierarchical supervisors, have the following main functions:
- Participate in the design and implementation of the performance plans of the various initiatives (the preparation of tools, the supervision of data collection, the processing and analysis of data and the production of reports and their submissions for validation);
- Assist project teams in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports;
- Coordinate the supervision of the implementation of in-depth research activities (baseline surveys, gender survey, mid-term and final evaluation, etc.);
- Support project teams in setting up and monitoring accountability mechanisms and knowledge/learning management.
Function 1: To participate in the design and implementation of the performance plans of the various initiatives (the preparation of tools, the supervision of data collection, the processing and analysis of data and the production of reports and their submissions for validation)
Responsibility 1.1 : Conduct of SERA activities at home base
- Participate in the design and ensure the use of monitoring and evaluation tools (SERA plan, performance framework, database, etc.) for the various grassroots initiatives;
- Provide coaching for teams, CSOs and municipalities on the use of tools and the quality control of the data collected;
- Perform monthly monitoring of activities in the field;
- Participate in coordination meetings to ensure the use of data in the planning and programming of activities.
Responsibility 1.2: Ensure the collection and compilation of data and transmission to the national monitoring-evaluation and impact measurement manager (dashboards, PIIRS, MIS-SAVIX)
- Ensure the collection of disaggregated data according to projects by age, gender, disability, migratory status, etc.
- Ensure the filling of the dashboards of each initiative of the base and their monthly submission at the level of the National SERA Manager;
- Under the supervision of the SERA National Manager, ensure the annual filling of project data in the CARE International PIIRS system for projects at the Maroua base;
- Ensure the application of quality control tools for the base projects
- Support the writing of project proposals, including research and data sharing.
Function 2: Assist project teams in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports
Responsibility 2.1 : preparation of reports
- Ensure data quality control for monthly, quarterly, mid-term, annual and final reports;
- Ensure that the sources of verification are consistent with the databases and reporting tools (PMT, narrative report, dashboard; etc.)
- Contribute to the drafting and validation of project and program reports;
- Prepare consolidated presentations in power point format when needed.
Function 3: To coordinate the supervision of the implementation of in-depth research activities (baseline surveys, gender survey, mid-term and final evaluation, etc.);
Responsibility 3 : carrying out studies and surveys
- In close collaboration with consultants, project teams and the SERA National Manager, contribute to the design, preparation, supervision of data collection, data analysis and production of baseline and final study reports. various projects as well as other sectoral thematic studies (economic, SR, food security, etc.);
- In collaboration with the program team, participate in the conduct of thematic studies at the start, execution and closure of initiatives and provide technical assistance with data processing and analysis.
- Ensure follow-up of the implementation of the recommendations resulting from the studies conducted;
Function 4: To support project teams in knowledge and learning management
Responsibility 4: documentation, archiving and capitalization
- Under the supervision of the SERA National Manager, ensure the implementation and monitoring of accountability mechanisms
- Monitor knowledge management and participate in the drafting of capitalization documents;
- Monitor effects, including changes to gender equality and power relations within households, etc.
- Ensure the implementation and monthly updating of the electronic data archiving system (hard disk, TEAMS);
- Organize feedback sessions on evaluation results with the teams concerned;
- Actively participate in program team meetings.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bac +4 in Social Sciences, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Epidemiology, Social Sciences or related field;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of program projects with an international NGO
- Experience in capacity building of community actors or CSOs / NGOs
- Experience working with CSOs and decentralized local authorities or other local partners
- Experience in implementing accountability and learning processes;
- Good knowledge of French, proficiency in English is an asset
- Ability to communicate in at least one of the local languages of one of the areas of intervention (Fulfuldé, Mafa, Moundang, Toupouri, Massa, Kako, Gbaya, etc.) is an asset
- Work experience in one of CARE’s Far North Regions of intervention is an asset
- Excellent organizational and planning skills;
- Demonstrate adherence to CARE values – Respect, Integrity, Commitment, Excellence, Transformation
- Excellent ability to design and implement processes for collecting, processing, analyzing qualitative and quantitative data
- Good writing ability
- Communicate and listen effectively with internal and external collaborators;
- Mastery of data collection and processing tools (ComCareKOBO, SPSS, Sphinx, CSPRO, Epi-Info, Power Bi, etc.) and the Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams, Sharepoint, zoom, skype)
- Knowledge in the fields of gender and environment, economic development and protection of natural resources, sexual and reproductive health including HIV
- Have a good capacity for analysis and anticipation
- Good knowledge of the project life cycle
- Able to work independently and take initiative
- Adaptability to a context with security constraints / good stress management
CONDITIONS AND TERMS OF APPLICATION
IMPORTANT – HOW TO APPLY (Follow the instructions please)
1- Those interested in this offer are kindly requested to complete the form provided for this purpose by following the link below:
2- At the end of the form, you will be given another link through which you will only send your CV and cover letter
1. Female candidates are strongly encouraged;
2. Any application transmitted by a channel other than that indicated above will not be taken into account;
3. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted personally.
Closing date of the offer: February 22, 2023 at 5 p.m. sharp.