World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF)
The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) Cameroon is recruiting a
Senior Project Finance Analyst
Want to make a positive difference for the future of people and our common home, Earth? Working with WWF could be the opportunity of your lifetime:
People all over the world are waking up to the growing crisis of nature loss. They increasingly realize that nature is our survival system. And that no one will be spared the consequences of his disappearance. At WWF, we are helping to meet this enormous global challenge.
Our people come from a wide variety of backgrounds and possess a variety of skills, ranging from human resources and finance to advocacy and conservation science. We welcome applications from anyone who thinks they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What we do:
We are an independent conservation organization, working to preserve the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. Whether it’s individuals, communities, businesses or governments, we’re part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to put nature on a path to restoration by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, halt the mass extinction of wild fauna and flora, and make our production and consumption patterns sustainable.
For our Yaoundé office, we are looking for a dynamic and committed Senior Project Finance Analyst, responsible for monitoring, reporting and administering the processes associated with financial deliveries related to a specific portfolio of projects.
Under the responsibility of:
Administrative and Financial Director Location:
The Senior Project Finance Analyst is responsible for tracking, reporting and administering the processes associated with financial deliveries related to a specific portfolio of projects. In the context of the decentralization of finance, the incumbent of this position reviews and monitors the submission of financial reports (donors and management) prepared by program officers/accountants and ensures quality assurance. The incumbent will also support the Finance and Administration Director in the development of the budget and forecasts.
Main tasks and responsibilities: Financial reporting
• Manage all processes, operations and tasks associated with the financial deliveries of the portfolio of projects under his direction;
• Review financial reports prepared by program administrators/accountants and follow up on fixed quarterly deadlines and on the basis of non-quarterly contractual deadlines, using a comprehensive and up-to-date monitoring tool;
• Prepare for the Finance and Administration Officer’s review an effective project cost recovery system according to the agreed methodology;
• Work with the project managers of his portfolio on the monthly budget follow-up and the explanation of variances;
• Provide monthly reports to the Head of Finance and Administration on the status of fundraising and various donor/management reports and highlight any issues/risks requiring management attention;
• Perform regular financial analysis to ensure donor requirements are met and income/expenses have been allocated to the correct project.
Administration of income from partnerships with funders
• Ensure that the recognition of income is done according to the requirements of Swiss GAAP for management reports and on a cash basis for funder reports;
• Analyze project expenses to determine the amount to be charged with the donor’s agreement;
• Ensure the preparation of monthly supporting documents to record the income of the partnership with the funder in accordance with the agreement with the latter and reconcile the income accounts;
• Calculate any interest earned on donor funds and adjust the revenue account accordingly; recommend adjustments to the program administrator/accountant;
• Monitor exchange rate fluctuations on each donor agreement and recommend adjustments to the project or program accountant if necessary;
• Review portfolio reports from partnerships with donors on a monthly basis to identify errors, discrepancies and discrepancies and ensure follow-up is done and necessary adjustments are addressed;
• Review donor agreement files for closure, ensuring that all donor requirements have been met, and follow up with Finance and Administration Manager and Custody Manager ;
• Assist program administrators/accountants to close individual projects at their end date;
• Ensure that the revenue recognition accounts according to Swiss GAAP standards are analyzed on a monthly basis and that they reflect an accurate picture of the revenue situation of the various projects.
Financial audits, systems and internal controls
• Participate in the identification of business requirements for the development and improvement of financial information systems;
• Identify reporting specifications related to partnerships with donors;
• Provide assistance to external auditors who carry out audits of donor-funded projects
• Participate in year-end processes by gathering sample documents, answering questions and providing reports/schedules on donor partnership income and expenditures
• Ensure that the accounting system meets key requirements set out for reporting to key stakeholders, including segregation of donor funds and reporting to all donors;
• Ensure the implementation of necessary financial controls and due diligence (review of periodic reports, frequent control visits and internal audits, etc;) • Support audits commissioned by the internal control unit.
General financial management support
• Check the project budget and the availability of cash for daily transactions before the final commitment of expenditure for projects in its portfolio;
• Provide advice and guidance to field staff (Program Administrators/Accountants and Program Managers) on matters relating to reporting and administration of donor partnerships;
• Support the Administrative and Financial Officer and the Director of Conservation in the review and development of policies and procedures affecting the administration of external funds;
• Assist the Administrative and Financial Director in the development of the financial accounting structure for complex projects and programs financed by external funds;
• Monitor cash projections for donor-funded projects and programs;
• Assist the Administrative and Financial Director in the preparation of mid-year and year-end financial statements
• Assist the Finance and Administration Manager in the preparation of regular and ad hoc donor reports for various stakeholders;
• Comply with company policies and procedures regarding electronic archiving; • Perform other duties/assignments as requested by the Finance and Administration Manager.
● Master’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration or a related field and/or additional training in programming and administration is an asset;
● 8 years of experience in financial management, which must have enabled them to acquire a good knowledge of financial practices and procedures;
● Experience working with government and donors.
Required Skills and Competencies
● Demonstrated skills in the areas of budget accounting, costing and accounting systems and practices;
● Demonstrated skills in the use of computerized accounting systems. Experience using an ERP system is highly desirable;
● Proven oral and written communication skills (French and English), including the ability to quickly acquire a good knowledge of WWF’s financial rules and regulations;
● Proven ability to think creatively, solve problems effectively and achieve results;
● Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people in a multicultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
● Adherence to WWF values, which are: Courage, Respect, Integrity and Collaboration. Internal
working relationships : Finance & Admin Manager, Program Managers, Accountants/ Administrators, Conservation Director, Senior Field Programs Coordinator, Regional/ International Finance Team. External: Donors, partners and other stakeholders, if applicable How to apply? Send your application via the link: https://cameroon.panda.org/apply_to_a_job/apply_to_a_job/
Deadline for submitting applications: May 31, 2022.
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please note that only candidates under consideration will be contacted for follow-up.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.