The International NGO INTERSOS is looking for 01 Security Officer
Reports to: Head of Mission
Duty station: Maroua with travel to Kousseri
Type of contract: CDD
Duration of contract: 12 months
Availability: January 2023 (Subject to funding)
MISSIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The security officer is a member of the logistics and security department and supports access and security processes in his covered area. Staff are responsible for supporting the implementation of all INTERSOS mission security and safety procedures, including reporting and context analysis, as well as developing and maintaining appropriate relationships and effective with different partners.
The incumbent is also responsible for regularly working closely with local authorities on behalf of INTERSOS to ensure team security and access and related administrative matters. He/She provides humanitarian access, security and liaison advice to INTERSOS project managers in his/her area of coverage, on establishing links with partners, negotiating and mediating humanitarian access, contextual understanding, critical incident management and timely notification.
Access and security
- Ensure the implementation of access and security policies, protocols and procedures, thereby reducing risks posed to INTERSOS programs, personnel and assets.
- Establish and maintain an active information network, which includes INSO, NGOs, UN and other national and international security actors in order to obtain credible and relevant security information. Liaison and coordination with police, security forces and other stakeholders as required.
- Provide the INTERSOS mission in the Far North with timely and credible security information and support contextual and situational analysis of the local security situation through daily incident alerts, weekly lists of incidents and bi-weekly analytical reports.
- Conducts security risk assessments and risk analyzes as well as advice on security and safety measures and access to areas operated by INTERSOS.
- Ensures that all INTERSOS staff understand individual responsibilities and collective safety and security.
- Conduct pre-deployment training and briefings for all team members prior to each field mission.
- Conduct periodic follow-up security trainings for field staff.
- Depending on country risk management policies, ensure the team is fully equipped for the mission.
- Monitor personnel movements and tracking systems while maintaining operational security. Identify areas of security management requiring external support
- Provide assistance in conducting and following up on investigations and incidents affecting INTERSOS staff and offices
- University degree in a related specialization in law, developments and international security or in a related discipline.
- At least 02 years of experience in a similar position
- Proven experience with an NGO or INGO
- Knowledge and experience of working with authorities and external partners
- At least 2 years of field experience in the Far North in the context of crisis
- Fluency in written and oral French and English
- Good writing skills
- Proficiency in local languages
- Basic functional knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook),
- Mainstream web browsers (Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox Maps…)
HOW TO APPLY?
Send your CV (renamed respecting the format: CV-Name) and your cover letter in PDF by following the link below: https://cutt.ly/10hs6nF
NB: Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted for the Written Test.
The deadline for submitting applications is December 18, 2022 at 8 a.m.