DESCRIPTION OF THE PROJECT AND OF THE ORGANIZATION:
Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) is a Non-Governmental Non-profit Organization working for the Safeguarding of Species and wild spaces around the world following a scientific approach, conservation measures, education of the public as well as encouraging respect for nature.
The WCS, partner of MINFOF implements the “Project to support the cross-border complex of Protected Areas BSB Yamoussa and its peripheral areas”, with the financial support of the German cooperation bank KfW to ensure the long-term conservation of the rich biological diversity, integrity and ecological services of the transboundary BSB Yamoussa complex, composed of the National Parks of Séna Oura (PNSO) in Chad and Bouba N’Djidda (PNBN) in Cameroon and their peripheral areas.
Title: Secretary/Executive Assistant
Place of contract: Garoua
Duration of contract: One year renewable with 3 months of observation.
Under the responsibility of the Project Director, the incumbent is mainly responsible for: developing and monitoring the Director’s agenda;
- Scheduling appointments, scheduling meetings, distributing reports and managing correspondence between the office and external agencies
- Booking meeting rooms, setting up conference calls and taking messages and minutes during meetings
- Prepare memos, official letters and correspondence for the BSB project.
- Filing and updating physical and digital records;
- The initiation of mission orders in accordance with the granted request;
- Preparation and entry of Notes/decisions;
- Ensure the documentation of the activities implemented for reporting (activity reports, photos, minutes, briefing note, etc.);
- Participate in the operational monitoring of activities in conjunction with actors in the field;
- Support the planning, coordination and documentation of meetings, workshops, seminars and other project activities, with particular attention to technical aspects;
- Participate in technical meetings and produce reports
- Will remain willing to get involved in other transversal activities of the project;
- Will have to carry out all other professional tasks assigned by the hierarchy.
- Hold a Bac+4 in Project Management, Social Sciences, Law, Economics or other related fields.
- Have at least two (2) years of experience in project management or in a similar position.
- Have excellent writing skills in French, fluency in English will be an asset.
- Have an excellent ability to organize work independently.
- Have experience in design (logical reasoning, development of concept notes and ToRs).
- Knowledge of facilitation techniques and the conduct of workshops and meetings.
- Have a proven ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Have good computer skills.
- Have proven experience working on issues relating to wildlife conservation and protection issues.
- Knowledge of the local languages of the Far North of Cameroon will be an asset.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please send your application consisting of a Letter of Motivation and a Curriculum Vitae (CV) to the following addresses email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org . Specify in the subject of the email “Secretary / Executive Assistant ” no later than June 15, 2022 .
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.