Position: School Secretary
Reports To: Head of School
Location: Mfah-Mfah Academy, Mfah-Mfah, Bandounga, West Region, Cameroon
Salary: 250,000 frs – 500,000 frs total monthly compensation depending on qualification and experience
Benefits: CNPS, Individual Retirement Account, life and medical insurance, career advancement etc.
Mfah-Mfah Academywas born from the irrefutable idea that every child has innate talents and abilities. Developing and harnessing these individual capabilities will enable students to become outstanding global citizens with the ambition and ability to make a meaningful impact in their communities. For more information, please visit www.mfahmfahacademy.org
The School Secretary is the primary point of contact of Mfah-Mfah Academy. The School Secretary will respond to requests from staff, parents and students through phone calls, emails, and other methods of communication. The School Secretary will assist the Head of School in ensuring schedules are respected and a proper learning environment is maintained. The School Secretary will maintain confidential student records and personnel files and perform routine clerical duties required for proper functioning of the Academy.
The School Secretary:
- Create, organize, and maintain an efficient and effective office that handles a variety of tasks for the administration, faculty, students, and parents of the school.
- Develop procedures and processes for proper handling of student and personnel records.
- Order, maintain and distribute didactic materials to teachers and students as needed
- Schedule internal and external appointments and ensure space and logistical needs are provided.
- Maintain school calendar and of all events and use of facilities.
- Register new students, secure appropriate student records, maintain confidential student records, and transfer records for students moving to other schools
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Extensive experience with computer and communication systems such as MS Office
- Have a minimum of two years of successful experience in a related secretarial or office position or be a graduate of a recognized program of secretarial studies.
- Demonstrate appropriate phone etiquette
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in English and working knowledge of French
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Mfah-Mfah Academy strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, or medical condition.
Check: All Recent Jobs in Cameroon
View ALL Scholarships in UK 2022
Opportunities for African Students 2022
For your daily job/internship updates: Click here to join our Telegram group