The ACTIVA Group is looking for a Reinsurance Technical Accountant (M/F)
TYPE OF CONTRACT: CDI
SECTOR OF ACTIVITY: Insurance
PLACE OF WORK: Douala (Cameroon)
DATE OF OFFER: 06/05/2022
Among the leaders in sub-Saharan Africa in the insurance market, with With 12 subsidiaries present in 9 countries and a Globus Network with members in 49 African countries, the Activa Group has stood out by offering its customers innovative and responsible offers for 24 years.
Attached to the Accounting department under the Financial Department, you ensure all the administrative and accounting operations of the company relating to reinsurance. You will also be responsible for ensuring the reliability of technical information related to contracts, accounting, and projections, according to the various standards (including IFRS 17 and OHADA CIMA standards).
● Guarantee the quality and reliability of insurance data entering the accounting information system with the implementation of recurring and ad hoc controls;
● Establish technical accounts during periodic inventories;
● Take charge of all reinsurance accounting operations (daily, closing of accounts);
● Manage the relationship with the companies of the group delegated to the technical accounting;
● Ensure that studies are carried out and expressions of need are drafted to provide the necessary IT developments to the tools on the basis of internal needs;
● Perform effective feedback or reporting to the hierarchy;
● Ensure the presence and updating of documentation for the activities of the service;
● Prepare ceded and facultative reinsurance accounts;
● Monitor reinsurance financial flows;
● Verify the accuracy of the accounts and the correct application of the contractual conditions;
Collaborate with the other departments of the company in order to resolve any type of problem as quickly as possible;
● Participate in the various control phases using the media at your disposal;
● Propose and implement procedures and controls to increase the reliability of operations;
● Assist his hierarchy in the management of particular files;
● Participate in the evolutions of the IT tool or in company projects.
You carry out the follow-up, analysis and recording of the reinsurance accounts transmitted by the technical department in the dedicated information system, ensuring that the information complies with the contractual conditions.
In connection with the subscription, you receive the business and ensure the recording of the contractual data in the dedicated system;
You establish and update the estimates of the reinsurance technical accounts by treaty, item by item, in compliance with the requirements of IFRS 17/CIMA standards.
You are able to define the appropriate calibration according to the type of business, the contractual structure and the accounting history of the contract.
You analyze the claims transmitted by the Claims department, in order to determine whether or not they are covered for reinsurance. You collect and validate the data necessary for analyzes and decision-making by subscribers.
You contribute each quarter to closing work, ensuring that priorities are managed: Reporting, accounting statements, updating of estimates, etc.
● Good command of accounting techniques;
● Good knowledge of reinsurance technical accounting;
● Good knowledge of insurance and reinsurance concepts.
● Convincing and reassuring;
● Picky about details;
● Spirit of analysis and discernment; ● Good relationship ● Rigorous.
● CIMA Code
● IFRS 17
Training & experience:
Training Bac +3/5 in accounting / management / insurance or equivalent level
You have a solid knowledge of the concepts of insurance and reinsurance and an experience of at least 5 years in a technical accounting service, insurance and reinsurance .
You are bilingual (French/English).
You master the tools of the office pack and more particularly Excel and Google sheet.
To Apply: Please send your application, consisting solely of a detailed CV (PDF format) with telephone contact(s) and email address(es), via the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org and specify in subject Ref DF/CTR/04/2022 no later than 05/06/2022 at 5:00 p.m.
Applications will be analyzed as they are received and only selected candidates will be contacted.
ACTIVA is a socially responsible Group; we attach importance to respect for human rights and equal opportunities.
To apply for this job please visit group-activa.com.