Job Title: Data Collection Officer (Temporary)
Locations: Cameroon Littoral Region Line Manager
: Executive in charge of Program Monitoring & Evaluation
Start date: As soon as possible
He/She is a member of the SI&E department, available from:
- Support the updating of health facility registers
- Extract data in all registers at the end of the day for an extraction sheet, check internal consistency and prepare the monthly report form (hardware and software) of the health facility to be sent to higher levels;
- Enter data into all media (monthly report sheets and all databases).
Missions and responsibilities:
- Ensure data collection and management at site level
- Participate in updating all registers (at all entry points) of the health facility
- Support the development of the data circuit in the health facility
- Ensure the renewal of data collection tools and SOPs on the site
- Make available the instructions / SOPs to systematically fill in all the variables according to their terms
- Extract data from registers at the end of the day, check internal consistency before data entry.
- Use the existing checklist to control the quality of data in collaboration with other team members (liaison officer, psychosocial officer);
- Present the data to the team (liaison agent, psychosocial agent; technical agent / main nurse) for validation
- Enter data into all tools (monthly report form, abstraction form and all databases).
- Store copies of completed Monthly Reporting Forms (MRFs)
- Provide support for the timely transmission of complete data to levels above the health facility site before the 5th of the following month
- Participate in the basic analysis of data according to the waterfall of each service and provide weekly feedback.
- Participate in data quality audit
- Participate in data review sessions
- Participate in any other facility documentation process
- Minimum level: Baccalaureate all series
- Computer/information science background is taken into account
- A very good knowledge of the Microsoft package (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is mandatory.
- Fluency in French is a key requirement and working knowledge of English is an advantage
- Strong work ethic and ability and willingness to work under pressure
- High level of precision and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team and willingness to learn
Job requirements, knowledge, skills and abilities
- Reside in the regions/cities where the position(s) are available
- Having previous experience in data management and processing would be an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work in multicultural and multinational teams in developing countries, including with Ministries of Health and/or other implementing partners;
- Ability to learn how to manipulate databases and dashboards
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Experience in HIV projects would be an asset
Position , in continuous learning and their work is oriented towards the search for results. The ideal candidate will master or possess the following skills, specific to the individual level and for the said position:
- Problem Solving Skills – Problem solving is a person’s ability to use critical thinking to identify and analyze problems, evaluate the relevance and accuracy of information, generate and evaluate alternative solutions, and make recommendations .
- Flexibility – Flexibility is a person’s ability to be open to change and new information and to adapt quickly to new information, changing conditions, or unforeseen obstacles.
- Resilience – Resilience is a person’s ability to deal effectively with pressure, to remain optimistic and persistent in the face of adversity, and to recover quickly from mistakes.
- Time Management – Time management is a person’s ability to effectively manage their time and resources to ensure work is done efficiently.
The pre-selection of applications will be based on the evaluation of CVs submitted as and when applications are received. Please note that only shortlisted candidates meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
The position is subject to the availability of funds.
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EGPAF complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.
For your daily job/internship updates: Click here to join our Telegram group
To apply for this job please visit phe.tbe.taleo.net.