- Announcement Number:
- Hiring Agency:
- Embassy Yaounde
- Position Title:
- Public Health Specialist (Data Analyst) – All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Open Period:
- 07/15/2022 – 07/29/2022Format MM/DD/YYYY
- Vacancy Time Zone:
- LE – 0540 10
- XAF FCFA19,975,232
- Work Schedule:
- Full-time –
- Promotion Potential:
- Duty Location(s):
- 1 Vacancy in
- Telework Eligible:
- For More Info:
- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FP is 05. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
• All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- • Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time upon receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
The Data Analyst will serve as a member of the Strategic Information (SI) Team, supporting the Ministry of Health (MOH) and its partners to accelerate HIV epidemic control through the systematic collection, analysis and use of quality surveillance, and program performance data. The incumbent will participate in collaborative meetings with multi-lateral and bi-lateral international partners to strengthen aggregate reporting, individual medical records, and laboratory information systems. The Data Analyst reports to the Associate Director for Program and Science (ADPS) and will provide assistance to the CDC country office and President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) interagency team to improve quality of data collected and its analysis and use to inform PEPFAR programmatic direction and investment.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: At least five years of experience working with public health data management and/or informatics in HIV-related programs is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Comprehensive knowledge and experience in data analytics, SI, and M&E, are required. Detailed knowledge of USG public health programs and strategies is required. A detailed knowledge of the range of prevention programs, policies, regulations and precedents applicable to development and administration of national/international public health prevention testing, counseling and linkage programs is required. Good working knowledge of program management in support of contracts / cooperative agreements / grants is required. Thorough public health knowledge of current HIV/AIDS issues is required. Detailed knowledge of the host government health care system and structures, including familiarity with MOH policies, program priorities and regulations is required. Detailed working knowledge of USG HIV/AIDS public health programs, strategies, methods, processes and techniques used to plan, develop, build and strengthen health systems is required. Up-to-date knowledge on epidemiology/statistics, project data and uses of PEPFAR tools, such as DATIM and PANORAMA, for the Project’s performance reporting is required. Excellent quantitative skills to be able to understand data quality, analysis and interpretation.
- Education Requirements:
- Master of Science in Statistics, Public Health, Bio-informatics, or Health Information Management is required.
- LANGUAGE: Fluent in Speaking/Reading/Writing of English and Good working knowledge Speaking/Reading/Writing of French are required. This may be tested.
SKILLS & ABILITIES: Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships with national and international health partners are required. Ability to prioritize between competing demands and work with minimal supervision within strict deadlines. Good working knowledge of overall administrative requirements, budgeting and fiscal management in support of contracts, cooperative agreements and grants is required. Use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and databases is required. Knowledge of statistical software packages is required. This may be tested.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass U.S. Embassy specific medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Cameroon may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- How to Apply:
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Embassy issued Security clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
- Required Documents:
- In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification or equivalent (if applicable)
- Residency and/or Work Permit (if applicable)
- CNI or Passport copy (as applicable)
- Masters Attestation or Certificate
- Work attestation
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Next Steps:
- ONLY Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Cameroon.
To apply for this job please visit erajobs.state.gov.