Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
RECRUITMENT NOTICE Job
Title: Protection Information Management Officer/Protection Data Officer (PIM)
Supervisor: MEAL Manager
Duty station: DRC Country Office in Cameroon – Yaoundé
Work area: Yaoundé (with field trips: Adamaoua and South West)
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in around 30 countries around the world. It is the first Danish NGO operating internationally for the protection of refugees and internally displaced persons against persecution and for the promotion of durable solutions to the problems of forced immigration and conflicts. All of DRC’s action is based on humanitarian principles and human rights, in accordance with United Nations conventions and the code of conduct of the ICRC and NGOs during disaster relief operations.
The protection and assistance approach to conflict-affected populations is provided in a long-term and rights-based approach to ensure a coherent and effective response to the challenges of today’s conflicts.
The assistance consists of humanitarian aid, rehabilitation, support for returnees and repatriates as well as the promotion of long-term solutions to displacement and its causes. In addition, supporting and building the capacity of local and national authorities is an integral part of DRC’s work.
DRC is present in seven West African countries, namely Mali, Guinea Conakry, Burkina Faso, Nigeria, Niger, Central African Republic, and Cameroon.
Currently, the actions carried out by DRC in the Adamaoua region are concentrated around the town of Meiganga and a sub-base was opened in Djohong in 2018. A new sub-base in the Eastern Region in Garoua Boulai has was opened at the end of 2020.
General objective of the position
Under the direct supervision of the MEAL manager, the PIM Officer is responsible for:
• Developing, improving, adjusting data collection and analysis tools adapted to the objectives of the interventions of protection
• Check the data collected via Kobo as well as the databases and give constructive feedback to the teams in order to have quality reports, respectful of the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) in place
• ensure that the PIM principles and the process PIM are implemented and respected
• Organize the presentation of data in support of advocacy and produce information documents / studies for different target audiences.
Main responsibilities of the position:
Develop / improve data collection and analysis tools adapted to the objectives of the interventions:
• Develop suitable tools for the collection, storage, and analysis of protection data, in accordance with the standards and principles of protection information management (PIM) and DRC internal directives; • Support the MEAL Department in developing qualitative and quantitative tools for measuring the impact on protection projects, particularly involving programs where populations are mobile and difficult to access (including the drafting of ToRs for each MEAL protection activity ). Analyze the data collected and send these analyzes to the teams on a regular basis: • Ensure the sharing of verified information, in time, with the teams in order to allow them to adapt their interventions as needed.
• Design and maintain database systems for data management and analysis purposes.
• Strengthen data processing and analysis mechanisms at the field level.
Organize the presentation of data in support of advocacy and produce information documents / studies for different target audiences:
• Ensure the collection, analysis and presentation of verified information in order to support structured advocacy, information or institutional positioning campaigns.
• Develop summary notes and presentation documents of the analyses, hypotheses and actions based on the data collected.
Experience and technical skills (including the number of years of professional experience)
• Experience of at least 3 years in a similar position or 5 years in a research/academic office.
• Excellent mastery of information management and presentation tools
• Excellent ability to analyze and popularize data.
• Experience in developing tools for collecting and monitoring information
• Mastery of computer tools (Office, Adobe, statistical and infographic tools, KoBo, OSK, PowerBi)
• Ability to work both independently and in a team.
• Method, autonomy and rigor in the work
• Good capacities of coordination, and human management.
• Ability to set priorities
• Experience in the field with an international organization (desirable)
Training: (including certificates, permits, etc.)
• Graduate diploma (Bac +3) in a relevant discipline (development, monitoring evaluation, statistics, political science, humanitarian assistance, etc.) or equivalence in professional experience
• Proven skills in data presentation and processing tools
Languages : (indicate the level of proficiency)
• French (essential, bilingual proficiency)
• English (essential, spoken and written)
• Internal protection and M&E team
• Working groups as delegated by the Protection Specialist
LEVEL: The position of Protection Information Management Officer is classified as NM.H in the job grid of the DRC
DURATION OF CONTRACT: 4 months.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Friday July 15, 2022 at 12 noon.
START DATE: September 1, 2022
Applications must be sent only electronically to the following address: CMR-ADAMAOUA-Recrutement@drc.ngo with the subject “Candidature PIM Officer”. The file consists of a cover letter, a scan of the national identity card, a CV mentioning the names, contacts and email addresses of three reference persons, all in PDF format. Applications that do not comply with the aforementioned instructions will not be processed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged.