JOB INFORMATION Job
Title: Operations Manager
Duration of Contract: CDI
Deadline for submitting applications: 20/06/2022
Start Date: TBD
As part of the expansion of its activities , , is looking for an “Operations Manager” in the city of Yaoundé.
ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
- Ensure the project management of services in compliance with contractual service commitments and agreed margin levels, under the supervision of the head of department.
- Monitor the progress of the various ongoing projects and ensure the availability of teams and equipment
- Ensure the proper execution of all services and customer satisfaction
- Receive completed operations and report to the head of department
- Supervise the realization of technical studies and costing in response to calls for tenders launched
- Supervise the reception of customers on the site during visits
- Set clear and precise objectives for supervisors and floor technicians
- Work in constant contact with the QHSE engineer to optimize processes, ensure the proper functioning of machines and improve the working conditions of the teams.
- Guarantee the correct application of the rules for the prevention of health and safety of the teams on the sites: follow-up of accidents at work, respect for hygiene, the wearing of safety equipment.
- Regularly report activity to the head of the operations department.
- Review financial information and adjust operational budgets to improve profitability
Inventory management and logistics
- Ensure, in collaboration with the purchasing manager and the head of department, the management of the purchasing process and coordinate the allocation of equipment and resources on the sites
- Ensure the availability of stocks at all times at all work sites
- Monitor the delivery of products to customers and on sites on time and intervene in the event of a major dispute
- Manage the administrative follow-up of orders
Human Resource Management
- Supervise operational staff and provide constructive feedback
- Set up teams with the help of the head of department, organize and monitor all work
- Collaborate with the HR department to ensure staff training
- Supervise the teams and the service providers working on the site in a transversal way (motivation, coordination, setting of objectives).
- Facilitate, in collaboration with the head of department and the HR department, the management of teams on the sites: recruitment, promotions, annual interviews of managers, management of disputes (absences, accidents, etc.).
- Represent the company in the event of a major problem: serious accident, strike, social conflict, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- Level of study and diplomas
- Minimum required: Engineer level or BAC+5
At least three (03) years of successful and confirmed experience as an “Operations Manager”
Good command of English and French both written and spoken
- Excellent managerial and organizational skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office and various management software
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of legal rules and guidelines for the sector
- Be dynamic and results oriented
- Initiative and sense of responsibility
- Great capacity for anticipation and proactivity
- Be meticulous and have an eye for detail
HOW TO APPLY?
Send CVs and cover letters to the following address:
firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line no later than 06/20/2022.