he Cameroon Red Cross and the French Red Cross are recruiting a Finance and Human Resources Administrator Manager Base in Batouri (URGENT) Job
- Job title: BASE HR FIN ADMIN MANAGER
- Reporting line: BASE MANAGER
- Job Location: Batouri (with regular field trips)
- Working hours: According to the service schedule
- Duration of the mission: 12 months renewable
- Desired arrival date: As soon as possible
- Number of positions: 01
- DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS 15/07/2022
Presentation of the association
The French Red Cross (CRf) and the Cameroon Red Cross (CRC) are humanitarian associations, auxiliary to the public authorities, which provide aid and assistance to vulnerable people.
Since 2010, the French Red Cross (CRf) has been present in Cameroon and intervenes in the areas of health, nutrition and food security and livelihoods (SAME) in the East and South regions. ‘Far North.
Replacement at the post. Presentation of the position
Job Purpose / Summary
Under the direct responsibility of the Base Manager, the End-Base HR Admin Manager is responsible for the sound financial, budgetary, accounting and human resources management of the base. Page 2 / 5
This position is open to people with the required profile and the successful candidate must reside in Batouri by his own means; it is therefore not subject to relocation. The candidate selected at the end of the recruitment process cannot therefore claim the status of relocated employee.
Ensure the sound financial, budgetary and accounting management of the financial database
- Ensures the security of financial flows within the base, from the bank and to the base.
- Ensures the implementation and proper use of financial, accounting and budgetary management procedures and tools throughout the base.
- Ensures compliance with CRf procedures on financial matters. Budgetary
- Animates the updating of the parts of the budget monitoring assigned to the Base in compliance with donor procedures – is force of proposal concerning budget adjustments.
- Makes proposals for budget adjustments as needed, which may involve requests for contractual amendments.
- Ensures, throughout the project, the proper allocation of funds, and compliance with the contractual framework in terms of eligibility rules (date, nature and purchasing procedures) and reporting deadlines.
- Contributes to the preparation of external financial reports for donors that he/she transmits to coordination.
- Supervises the accounting allocation of entries, ensures the correct allocation of expenses and closes the monthly accounts after having carried out all the required checks.
- Transmits to the Yaoundé delegation the monthly accounts in electronic version on the 5th of the month as well as the paper accounting package monthly after receipt of the SAGA backup.
- Is responsible for the proper archiving of accounting documents according to the rules established by the CRf.
- Ensures proper monitoring of operational cash advances
- Establishes the cash flow forecast with the teams and sends transfer requests to the delegation, with a permanent concern for the security of transferred and stored funds.
- Ensure that the amount of cash on the base is sufficient for the needs of the field over the period. Is responsible for bank and cash accounts, the balances of which he/she regularly checks.
Ensure the proper management of the national human resources of the base
- Is responsible for the application of the delegation’s HR policy on the Batouri base, ensures that the rules and procedures are known, understood and implemented by all team leaders, and that they have all the tools relating to their application.
- Participates in updating the rules of procedure and is responsible for their proper application.
- Participate in the development of organizational charts.
- Identifies training needs and participates in making them materially possible.
- Ensures the smooth running of the evaluation process for all base employees
- Ensures the regular organization of consultation meetings allowing all staff to express themselves on their well-being in the organization (via staff representatives, administrative meetings or any other alternative mechanism)
- Formulates alerts to his superior and his functional referent on specific HR points
- Carry out contacts and procedures requested from public and private bodies such as the CNPS, the Tax Department, the Universities, the National Employment Fund, etc. in its area of intervention.
Management of expatriate human resources from the base
- Follow the legal obligations related to expatriate base staff (registration, residence permits, etc.);
- Carry out briefings/debriefings of the delegation’s expatriate staff on the rules, procedures and administrative and management tools for national staff.
Ensure the administrative and legal management of the database
- Participates in the validation of recruitment requests, contractual amendments, disciplinary sanctions and sanctions, ensures compliance with procedures on these issues.
- Supervises the organization of recruitment (announcement, applications, interviews, integrations) for the teams of its base and may be called upon to participate in it for the other departments – is responsible for monitoring the procedures.
- Ensures the constitution of the administrative files of the personnel, and ensures that the documents of the employees are in conformity with the exercise of work with the CRf in the country.
- Supervises the establishment of staff employment contracts and validates their content.
- Is responsible for the administrative management of national staff on the base (payroll, occupational medicine, insurance, working conditions, living conditions, etc.)
- Responds to requests from team leaders, advises them and accompanies them as needed.
- Follows the deadlines of contracts related to HR and leases (payment, renewal, end of contract).
- Participates in the management of disputes between the employees of its base and the employer or between the CRf in its capacity as employer and any external entity in connection with its N+1, the HR coordination and the legal counsel.
Promote the values of the Red Cross movement.
- Is responsible for the promotion, knowledge and respect of the Red Cross principles and code of conduct (emphasizes issues of Protection from sexual exploitation and abuse, fraud and corruption, etc.)
- Take an active part in meetings and training on the subject.
- Help understand general issues related to the political and social context by sharing information.
- Participate in the management of relations with the national society.
Capitalization – reporting
- Capitalizes and harmonizes the technical procedures and methodologies developed
- Participate in the preparation of reports for donors
- Keeps the various logistical and administrative tools up to date on its database
- Writes the monthly reports then sends them to the relevant referents on the base
Management of his team
- Writes/updates or validates job profiles
- Issues HR needs for his team and participates in recruitment
- Ensures or contributes to the briefing of newcomers
- Develops individual action plans for his N-1s, and ensures that they do the same for the people they supervise
- Ensures and supervises the continuous training of its employees in the procedures and tools of the CRf
- Supervises the work of his collaborators and controls the result
- Performs evaluations of its N-1s and ensures that they carry out those of their teams
- Organizes, animates and conducts information, coordination and collaboration meetings within the team.
- Ensures that fluid communication is in place and maintained within support services and between support services and program teams
- Encourages and promotes respect for the roles and responsibilities of each member of the team in accordance with the job descriptions
Qualifications and experience
Age / Gender: Not specified
Diploma / Level of study: Bac +4 in human resources management, finance and/or accounting. Minimum 3 years of technical experience in financial management/administration and human resources, in particular in functions comprising the 2 areas. Experience in a similar position preferred. Humanitarian experience appreciated. International experience would be an asset.
- Knowledge of institutional donor procedures (ECHO, AFD, EUROPAID, UN, CDCS, etc.) – Ability to work in a volatile security context
- Good knowledge of the Cameroonian legal framework (labour law, social law, taxation, etc.); Knowledge of the fundamentals of collective and individual HR management;
- Good knowledge of labor administration;
- Budget preparation and monitoring;
- Financial reporting
- Accounting management and supervision
- Cash and cash management – Knowledge of the local tax system
- Good command of IT tools (Pack Office and SAGA essential) and easy to adapt to new tools;
- Good knowledge or experience of the Red Cross Movement (operation, mandates, etc.)
- Fluency in French essential / Fluency in English appreciated
Know how :
- Writing ability;
- Excellent ability to manage time (sense of organization) and priorities;
- Great ability to work both independently and in a team;
- Good communication, feedback
- Good team management ability
- Good analytical, organizational and method skills, Sense of anticipation and proactivity; – Ability to work under pressure
- Good knowledge of the Red Cross Movement
- Sense of confidentiality and responsibility, Honesty/integrity
- Sense of adaptation, Rigor and pragmatism
- Good interpersonal relationship, diplomacy, sense of negotiation, flexibility, listening
Anyone interested in this offer is asked to send their file in PDF format by email to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org . It is :
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) with three professional references
- A cover letter (LM)
Please put in the subject of the submission email: Base Admin Manager
Applications should be sent to the Head of the French Red Cross Office in Batouri.
Given the number of files we receive, we are unable to respond individually to each one. Therefore, if you do not hear from us within 30 days, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only candidates pre-selected on file will be invited to a written test on the premises of the CRF. Unselected applications will not be returned to candidates.
Anti-terrorist financing and money laundering policy: by applying for this offer, you authorize the CRC/CRf to carry out a check to ensure that you are not on the exclusion lists for receipt of funds from certain governments, international organizations and donors. These checks are carried out before you are offered the job and once a year after you are hired; this in order to prevent risks and meet obligations in terms of combating the financing of terrorism and money laundering.