Job title: Field Assistant
Line manager: Community Engagement Officer
Number of people under his responsibility: 0
Place of employment: Bamboutos (residing in Dschang)
Type of contract: CDD
Duration of the contract: 06 months, renewable
Start date: 01/08/2022
APDEL is an association under Cameroonian law whose headquarters are in Dschang in the West region. APDEL’s mission is to fight against social inequalities that hinder the participation of populations in development, especially that of young people and women. It carries out its activities in 3 regions of Cameroon (Centre, North-West and West). The organization’s interventions focus on protection, food security and livelihoods, social cohesion and the promotion of peace, and health. More details: www.apdel.cm
As part of its activities, APDEL is looking for one (01) motivated and dynamic field assistant for the Bamboutos department, however, who will reside in Dschang.
OBJECTIVES AND MAIN ACTIVITIES
- Participate in the identification of communities and beneficiaries of the association’s activities;
- Ensure the involvement and participation of traditional, religious, administrative authorities and other opinion leaders in community activities;
- Ensure that community partners understand the association’s principles of intervention;
- Ensure compliance with the principles and policies of the association by community actors;
- Accompany the beneficiaries of the project in the implementation of their activities in the community.
Monitoring and reporting
- Supervise the work of community-based groups;
- Monitor the activities of beneficiaries within the different communities;
- Coach beneficiaries;
- Produce periodic reports for his hierarchy.
- Hold a category “A” driving license and know how to drive a two-wheeled vehicle (motorcycle)
- BAC + 2 level in economics, or agricultural sciences;
- At least one year’s experience in monitoring agricultural projects;
- Experience in monitoring income-generating activities;
- Experience in identifying and monitoring beneficiaries;
- Be bilingual (French, English);
- Knowledge of pidgin is a real asset.
- Previous experience in civil society is an asset;
- Good team spirit ;
- Good adaptation capacity ;
- Ability to work in a multicultural context.
- Curious ;
- Spirit of synthesis, Team spirit and initiative;
- Diplomacy and negotiation;
COMPOSITION OF THE FILE
- A letter of motivation addressed to the Executive President of APDEL
- A CV (maximum 2 pages)
- Photocopy of the cat A driving license, receipt, or any other document attesting it
Please do not provide any other documents at this stage. Candidates called for an interview must bring their identity document, the original of their diploma and proof of their experience.
APPLICATION AND DEADLINE
Candidates interested in this offer must send their application to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 26, 2022.
Subject: Application for the position of Bamboutos Field Assistant.
APDEL is an independent organization, without cultural, political, religious and ethnic affiliation.
According to the institutional policy of APDEL, with equal competence, priority is given to the youngest and/or female candidate.
Check: All Recent Jobs in Cameroon
For your daily job/internship updates: Click here to join our Telegram group