- Announcement Number:
- Hiring Agency:
- Embassy Yaounde
- Position Title:
- Chauffeur – All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Open Period:
- 07/15/2022 – 07/29/2022Format MM/DD/YYYY
- Vacancy Time Zone:
- LE – 1015 3
- XAF FCFA5,941,043
- Work Schedule:
- Full-time –
- Promotion Potential:
- Duty Location(s):
- 1 Vacancy in
- Telework Eligible:
- For More Info:
- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FP is FP-BB. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
• All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- • Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time (45 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time upon receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
The incumbent operates safely and efficiently an unarmored U.S. Government-owned or leased motor vehicle to transport passengers and/or cargo. Works as messenger as directed.
Maintains vehicle in a clean and serviceable condition, to include cleaning the interior and exterior of the vehicle. Performs basic vehicle inspection in accordance with established schedules and policies.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: At least three years of professional driving experience is required. Experience must have been with an international organization, large institution, or automotive fleet company.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have a good working knowledge of the city and its environs, including driving routes and traffic patterns. Must be familiar with the location of hospitals, police and fire stations within the city and its immediate surroundings.
- Education Requirements:
- Completion of primary education is required.
- LANGUAGE: Limited knowledge of English and French (Reading/Writing/Speaking) are required. This may be tested.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must hold a valid driver’s license category B, C and D. Must have the ability to read maps and plan driving routes. Must have good verbal communication skills, and an ability to handle all persons with professionalism and discretion. Must be able to perform basic vehicle inspection and must possess intermediate level automotive maintenance skills. Must have basic computer skills to maintain reports and for communication purposes. Operates level C or D armored vehicle with defensive driving skills. This may be tested.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass U.S. Embassy issued medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Yaounde, Cameroon may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
- For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
1. AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
2. AEFM / USEFM
3. FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. issued Security clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit: https://cm.usembassy.gov/jobs/#apply
- Required Documents:
- To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
- All Applicants:
- Residency and/or Work Permit (If applicable)
- ID Card or Passport Copy (as applicable)
- Educational Certificate;
- Driver’s License;
- Proof of required experience;
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
• Copy of Sponsor’s Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
• Passport copy
• DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
• SF-50 (if applicable)
- Next Steps:
- ONLY Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Yaounde, Cameroon.
To apply for this job please visit erajobs.state.gov.