DOCTORS WITHOUT BORDERS
MSF is a non-governmental humanitarian organization, created in France in 1971, under the status of non-profit association. The Swiss section was created in 1981. Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize in 1999, MSF’s mission is to provide humanitarian medical aid to any affected population without distinction of ethnicity, sex, religion, philosophy or political opinion.
The Swiss section of Médecins Sans Frontières has opened programs in the Far North – Mora regions to cover surgery at the Mora district hospital and nutrition at the Kolofata district hospital in the severe acute malnutrition of children under 5 since 2015.
Médecins Sans Frontières Switzerland is looking for a Clinical Psychologist for its Medico-nutritional and Surgical Care project in the Far North of Cameroon.
Place of work: Mora
Type of contract: Renewable fixed -term contract
Start date: As soon as possible
Direct Manager: Field Medical Manager
MAIN OBJECTIVE :
Provide psychological support to patients in accordance with MSF principles, standards and procedures in order to improve their mental health.
- Coordinate the mental aspects of the project
- Assess the Psychological needs of the patient (diagnose any psychiatric or psychological disorders)
- Collaborates with other medical and paramedical team members in the field to provide holistic patient care
- Perform psychological care in line with MSF protocols
- Improve the knowledge and training of health facility staff on “triage” and referral of patients to an appropriate professional structure when necessary
- Define the best response (treatment and strategy) to psychological needs (individual and group consultations)
- Create, maintain and work with a community mental health network
- Weekly report and/or sitrep of Mental Health consultations: (complete registers, statistics correctly) with analysis of statistics and proposals for intervention if necessary.
- Selection criteria
- Initial training in clinical psychology and obtaining the Diploma of Clinical Psychologist, At least two years of significant professional experience in clinical psychology with children and adults within a multidisciplinary team,
- Work experience around a problem related to violence or with a disadvantaged population in a precarious situation would be a plus,
- Ability to organize well in one’s work, to communicate a lot and work in a team,
- Flexibility, great adaptability and motivation for humanitarian commitment,
- Write and speak French fluently.
- Mastery of office tools (Word, Excel, Internet)
Required qualities ability to delegate, organizational skills, good communication and negotiation skills, flexibility, ability to work with people from a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.
Composition of files:
- A letter of motivation (to be addressed to the HR Administrator of the Swiss MSF Mora project)
- A recent detailed CV mentioning the different experiences
- A copy of the Psychology diploma
- A copy of the national identity card
- A copy of work certificates (and certificates from previous employers if there are any and any other proof of experience is desirable).
Applications must bear the following statement in the subject
“Clinical Psychologist Recruitment/MSFCH-Mora” and are to be sent EXCLUSIVELY by email to the following address:
Deadline for submitting applications is fixed at: Friday July 15, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
WRITTEN TEST/ORAL INTERVIEW:
The list of successful candidates will be displayed at the MSF-CH Mora offices. Only selected candidates will be contacted.