Name of employer: PAN-AFRICAN SAVINGS & LOANS SA
Job type: CDI
Duties of the post:
- Ensure the compliance of the Institution’s accounting with the accounting principles and standards laid down by the COBAC, Group (IFRS) and tax
- Coordinate and supervise the process of closing the accounts of the Institution (Monthly, Half-yearly, Annual)
- Ensure the reliability of the information communicated to all stakeholders (COBAC, Group, Management, etc.), mastery of accounting principles and the accounting of the Institution’s banking products.
- Assist the Accounting and Financial Director in coordinating the process of auditing the accounts and in preparing the annual report and in the administrative coordination of the team.
- Control and follow the records, flows, characteristics of the company’s activity. Produce summary documents reflecting the situation of the company according to the regulatory system and in compliance with tax requirements.
- Supervise and prepare all management reporting activities in accordance with deadlines. (Regulatory, Group, management reporting, etc.);
- Contribute to the implementation of new products and the strategy of the Institution;
- Guarantee the reliability of the financial information disclosed by the Institution to all external and internal partners;
- Liaise with all the Institution’s external auditors;
- Ensure compliance with the standards governing the activity of microfinance at the regulatory level;
- Guarantee the quality of the information contained in the accounts;
- Follow up on corrective actions of audit points and other corrections relating to the activities of management and the institution;
- Ensure the coordination and operational animation of the management team;
- Work with the other Departments of the institution for the implementation of tools for the reliability of accounting and financial information;
- Ensure the continuity of service of the direction in case of need while being Transversal;
- Train and guide the management assistants under his responsibility so as to allow them to work independently;
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer in the day-to-day (administrative) management of the department;
- Ensure the production of financial statements;
- Payroll control: Control of the DIPE, transfer of wages, Control of the accounting of social and tax charges;
- Control Remittances operations: compensation and posting of entries (Moneygram, RIA, MTN MOMO; bank2wallet, Western Union, Orange Money, Smobilpay, Agency Banking);
- Ensure control of bank accounts: Weekly bank reconciliation, adjustment entries, situation of daily bank balances;
- Ensure diligent monitoring of cash flow;
- Ensure the interface between the institution and the insurance companies: Processing and invoicing of insurance premiums, monitoring of the payment of commissions, Management of insurance compensation files, etc.
- Ensure the proper management of fixed assets: entry of fixed assets, depreciation, exit/scrapping), inventory and labeling in collaboration with Internal Control;
- Supervise the filing and archiving of accounting documents;
- Ensure the production of the monthly report of the Board of Directors and the performance of the agencies, Monthly detailed analysis of revenues;
- Ensure the production of the report of the Audit Committees;
- Ensure the management of the portfolio: provisions for bad debts, write-off, reperforming of loans;
- Ensure the Back up of the DCF (Accounting and Financial Director) in case of absence
- Carry out all other professional tasks entrusted, in relation to the position, by the hierarchy in accordance with the Code of Ethics and the Internal Regulations.
Profile and skills required:
- Be at least 25 years old and at most 40 years old;
- Hold at least a BAC+4 in economics, finance, management, accounting or banking;
- Have held a similar position for at least 04 years in finance, microfinance / banking
- Good technical, personal, managerial qualities and a good experience of the banking activity.
- Good knowledge of regulatory reporting.
- Good knowledge of banking regulations in the CEMAC zone.
- Sense of leadership and autonomy in the work
- Be able to work under pressure
- Have a team spirit and discipline
- Have strong organizational and anticipation skills
- Very good computer skills (Microsoft Office),
- Have good writing, analysis and synthesis skills;
- Be endowed with unfailing integrity;
- Being bilingual (French-English) could be an asset
To apply :
All documents (CV and cover letter) must be sent to the following address: email@example.com specifying in the subject of the email: “expression of interest for the position of Chief Accountant no later than 27 June 2022 at 5 p.m. sharp.