Job no: 552540
Contract type: Temporary Appointment
Duty Station: Yaounde
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Support.
Major duties and responsibilities: Office Management
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Carry out 2 daily rounds to ensure premises are clean and maintained and all staff requests related to premises management are handled in a timely manner.
- Organize training for ancillary services (cleaning and security services on administrative and security protocol and follow up on recommendations with the suppliers till the closure of Yaounde and the two-zone offices.
- Assists staff members and their dependents by processing requests for visas, identity cards, drivers’ licenses, and other necessary personnel-related documents, in accordance with the requirements of the United Nations and the country of the duty station. Maintains facts on living conditions and special entitlements.
- Ensure classification/archiving of all administrative documents
- Acts as a focal point for the office for organizing events & conferences and ensures all logistics related to the events & conferences.
- Make hotel room reservations as required. Coordinates internal and external meeting arrangements by conference room booking and coffee break management
- Drafts routine correspondence, Note Verbal, memoranda, and reports via oral instructions, previous correspondence, or other available information sources, in accordance with standard office procedures.
- Supplies/EquipmentAct as focal point for all premises management-related activities ensuring close monitoring and supervision of all cleaning and security services to deliver a high-quality service
- Informs the Admin officer of any new requirements for premises and supports the Admin Officer in all premises-related functions including repairs and breakdowns
- Assist the Admin unit in the management of the Admin warehouse as well as updating the inventory sheet
- Perform other duties, as required
How can you make a difference?
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education preferably supplemented by university courses in administration/ Law or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years of general clerical work, which should include good knowledge of standard clerical practices and procedures.
- Good knowledge of French / English.
To apply for this post;
Interested candidates are kindly requested to apply and upload the following documents:
- Letter of Interest (cover letter)
- CV or Resume
- Technical or university degree
- Last Two PER (Internal Candidates Only)
- Copy ID Card/Passport
For every Child, you demonstrate
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
UNICEF competencies required for this post are …
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manage ambiguity and complexity (1)
Other required technical skills
- Training and experience using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other UNICEF software such as SharePoint; knowledge of integrated management information systems required.
- Thorough knowledge of UNICEF administrative policies and procedures.
- Organizational, planning, and prioritizing skills and abilities.
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with visitors.
- High sense of confidentiality, initiative, and good judgement.
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve common goals and to provide guidance to more junior support staff
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here .
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Deadline: 06 Jul 2022 W. Central Africa Standard Time
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION