Duty station: Yaoundé
I. Presentation of the
Solidarités International organizationis a French humanitarian organization present in Cameroon since July 2014. Since 2014, the mission has been carrying out several emergency and post-emergency programs in the East and Far North regions. After a first base opened in Garoua Boulaï in 2014 to respond to the Central African crisis and the massive arrival of CAR refugees in the region, then in Makary in early 2017 to respond to the crisis in the Lake Chad basin, SI opened in October 2017 a base in Mokolo, then Maroua in order to meet the basic needs of vulnerable populations in the border areas of the Mayo Tsanaga department. Thus in Cameroon, Solidarités International intervenes in the areas of Water, Hygiene and Sanitation (WASH) and Food Security and Livelihoods (SAME).
II. Responsibilities and job description
Under the supervision of the Base/Logistics Manager, the driver drives Solidarités International vehicles and/or boats for the transport of goods and people, in compliance with Solidarités International procedures.
He carries out all the trips requested in accordance with the established schedule.
Vehicle care / maintenance
- • Take care of the vehicle, its equipment and the passengers
- • Participate in the basic maintenance of the vehicle, carry out the control and the routine maintenance of the vehicle according to the established procedure and immediately notify any malfunction to his line manager
- • Keep the vehicle in good clean conditions
- • Complete the log-book and follow-up documents
- • Supervise and participate in the loading and unloading of the vehicle as well as the arrangement and security of the packages in his vehicle
- Respect the highway code, speed limits and safety distances and adjust your speed to the road conditions
- Respect and enforce the wearing of seat belts, helmets or life jackets for him and his passengers
- Ensure the presence of visibility equipment
- Respect the procedure established in the event of an accident
- Check the presence and validity of the vehicle papers, the on-board lot, the safety equipment and the proper functioning of the communication equipment before each departure
- Notify the base of any movement by radio and stay tuned to HF and VHF radios
- Stay present and available in the immediate vicinity of the vehicle
- Make sure you can return before nightfall
- Make sure you have enough fuel for the trips to be made
- Do not transport people from outside the association without having informed and signed a disclaimer, with the agreement of the line manager
- Do not transport armed men or men in military uniform
- Park the vehicle in an appropriate area in the “ready to go position”
III. Profile sought
Education: Hold a BEPC, or CAP with notions in automobile mechanics and a valid category B driving licence.
Experience: having a good knowledge of the city of Yaoundé, having at least 02 years of proven experience as a driver with an NGO will be highly appreciated.
Languages: good knowledge of the French language, knowledge of English is an asset
Required qualities: good communicator, clean, autonomy, independence, initiative, flexibility
Your application file must imperatively consist of the following documents: CV, cover letter, photocopies of diplomas and certificates, valid national identity card, work certificates, list of at least 3 relevant references. You can add any other relevant document likely to complete your file. All document files should be named according to the content of the document.
Your file should be sent to the HR Department of Solidarités International by email with the subject “COORDINATION DRIVER” at the address: email@example.com . No paper applications will be accepted, and incomplete applications will not be processed.
Deadline for receipt of files: 06/30/2022 at 11:59 p.m. (Cameroon time)
Preselected candidates on file will be contacted by email and/or telephone to take a technical test.