Job title : Recovery Officer
Department : Risk Management
Reporting Line : Head of Recovery
Location: Head Office
- – Monitor & follow up with customers to ensure timeliness & effectiveness in collection of engagements.
- – Investigates and pursues the collection of current and delinquent accounts involving revenues due to the bank
- – Proactive Operational Risk Management with a view to reducing Operational Losses in the Bank and in compliance with the banking policies.
- – Focusing on maximizing the recovery of outstanding debts from forming customers using effective negotiation and settlement techniques
Role & Responsibilities
- – Formulate, implement and review effective recovery strategies to achieve the established recovery targets for the
- – Review delinquent Enterprise loan accounts which are handle by Area Business Office
- – Ensure strict compliance to established guidelines and internal policies and procedures on Non Performing Loans (NPL
- – Formulate, implement and review the enhancement process to improve productivity and work quality
- – Ensure compliance with the Group’s standards and regulatory requirements pertaining to Money Laundering and KYC
- – Continuously identify accounts with potential for recovery and ensure effective recoveries measures are implemented
- – Allocate targets and review performance to manage NPL accounts.
- – Prepare/Review facilities for restructuring/rescheduling and compromised settlement with sound and analytical justification, for approval and implementation
- – Ensure borrowers comply with restructured/rescheduled and compromised settlement terms.
- – Coordinates collection activities with other departments and outside agencies and resolves problems in the recovery process; assists in developing and modifying revenue recovery procedures.
- – Obtains information on and locates debtors with delinquent accounts using skip tracing techniques, including credit reports and information from various governmental agencies.
- – Ensure timely liquidation of collector
- – Ensure litigation action progresses smoothly without lapses
- – Ensure compliance to bank guidelines/policies in respect of classification of accounts, adequacy of Loss provision, suspension of interest, valuation update of collateral, proper accounting and recognition of recoveries to P&L.
- – Comply with the Bank’s policies/operating procedures on NPL accounts
- – Review all recovery management reports to ensure accuracy and timely submission to management
- – Creation of Risk awareness among employees in the Bank
- – Provision of overall leadership and direction for the Bank
Key Performance Indicator
- Timely report of risk reports; Consistent collation of data for analysis; Accurate and realistic stress reporting
- EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- – First degree (or equivalent) in Accounting, Banking & Finance, Economics or related discipline
- – Postgraduate and/or Professional qualifications in accounting eg ACA, ACCA, MBA etc
- 4 -8 years cognate experience, with at least three (3) years in a Leadership capacity.
- – Must clearly embrace and exhibit UBA values
- – Knowledge of Banking Operations
- – Quantitative skills
- Proficiency in Computer Processing
- – Analytical and interrogative skills
- – Good Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- – Supervisory skills
- – Understanding of regions legal system
Candidates should send their resume and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org , with the heading “ RECOVERY OFFICER ” by Monday, February 13, 2023 Before close of Business.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to proceed to the interview stage.
If you do not receive any response 01 month after this publication, kindly consider your application as non-accepted for this time.