The National Episcopal Conference of Cameroon (CENC) is looking for 01 Purchasing and Logistics Assistant – CoSMO Project
Supervisor: Purchasing and Logistics Manager
City, Country: Yaoundé, Cameroon
Number of positions: 01
Expected start date: January 5, 2023 (subject to funding)
Project duration: 5 years (2023-2028)
Contract duration: 12 months (with possibility of extension)
The National Episcopal Conference of Cameroon (CENC) is the seat of the Catholic Church in Cameroon, where the promotion of human dignity is at the center of the concerns of the Sustainable Development Goals. The CENC works to ensure the dignity of the human being, the common good, the subsidiarity and the solidarity of all humans. The development work of the CENC in Cameroon is accomplished through access to quality education, health, the promotion of the commitment of the faithful to the reduction of inequalities and the empowerment of vulnerable groups.
SUMMARY OF THE CoSMO PROJECT
The 5-year, approximately US$33 million CoSMO (Consolidating Systems and Services for the Management of Orphans and Vulnerable Children) project is funded by the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief ( PEPFAR) through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). It will cover at least 68 health districts in the 10 regions of Cameroon. The program will be implemented by a consortium of local organizations led by the National Episcopal Conference of Cameroon (CENC) from January 1, 2023.
The OVC (Orphans and Vulnerable Children) program addresses the challenges of the sustainable care of OVC by strengthening the capacities of the Government of the Republic of Cameroon (GRC), civil society, communities and households to provide care and quality support to children infected and affected by HIV in Cameroon. Under the leadership of CENC, sub-recipient partners, the Government of Cameroon and other stakeholders will work collaboratively to reach approximately 65,000 OVC and their families in health districts across the country with high HIV burden. The program consists of HIV prevention and case-finding activities for OVC, as well as
The Purchasing Assistant will assist in the daily implementation of purchasing activities. He/she will be under the direct supervision of the Purchasing and Logistics Manager.
Roles and responsibilities
Purchasing and inventory management
- Manage procurement and ensure efficient and timely supply services by following agreed supply lead times (distribution of purchase orders, collection of quotes, etc.)
- Ensure the archiving of documents related to purchases (quotes/pro-forma, purchase orders, invoices, delivery notes/goods received, contracts).
- Updating the list of suppliers and the price catalog.
- Ensure that the entire procurement process is adhered to in accordance with NCPC Procedures Manual, SOPs and donor requirements as applicable
- Ensure that all appropriate purchase supporting documents are filed accordingly (by period and by type of procurement)
- Make sure the purchase requisition form is approved with all information.
- Assist in a timely manner with relevant programs, departments, units and services regarding the delivery of supplies, keeping all parties informed of any changes
- Ensure that the purchase tracking form is fully completed on a daily basis and can be distributed to the manager on a regular weekly and monthly basis.
- Ensure that procurement files are complete and forwarded to finance in order to timely pay for goods and services purchased;
- Maintain a database of accurate and up-to-date supplier information for regularly purchased items and local market conditions.
- Create and provide reports to line manager as requested.
- Track requisitions for goods and services, including receiving, payment and inventory requirements.
- Regularly check the supplies and consumables of the CoSMO Project and take the necessary measures to inform the supervisor of the renewal of the stock;
- Assist in the coordination and monitoring of office space needs in liaison with the units concerned, as required.
- Follow up on the annual inspection and insurance policy process for all project vehicles;
Travel and meeting management
- Coordinate and manage meeting plans;
- Ensure compliance with the Travel Policy;
- Manage administrative arrangements for all project meetings, official missions and travel plans,
- Assist in the production of reports, statistics and/or information material as required.
- Training and experience
- BACC + 2 diploma preferably in Logistics and transport, General Administration and International Trade.
- A certification in logistics would be an asset.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in procurement/logistics/asset management.
- Work experience in the procurement and/or logistics sector within an NGO or in the commercial sector would be an asset.
- Work experience in a PEPFAR-funded project will be a distinct advantage.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness in carrying out assigned responsibilities.
- Must be bilingual with a working knowledge of English and French. 25% travel to Cameroon.
Internal: CENC/CoSMO project staff
External: CoSMO sub-recipient – staff of implementing partners, USAID and PEPFAR representatives, consultants, other CENC service providers.
for the whole evsonnel
Com etence at the level of the C NC
They are anchored in the values, the guiding principles, the mission of the Catholic Church and of the CENC. They are required of each staff member to fulfill their responsibilities and achieve the desired results. It is about:
- Respect for the dignity of the human person
- Respect for the common good
- Respect for the principle of subsidiarity
- Respect for the principle of solidarity
- Trust in all relationships
- Professional development
- Responsibility and management
- Strategic mind
Disclaimer : This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
NCPC’s talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. NCPC is an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY?
Files MUST include
1. Letter of motivation addressed to the Secretary General of the NCPC;
2. CV of maximum pages;
3. List of at least 3 references, one of which must be a leader of a religious/denominational community
4. Proof of relevant academic/professional qualifications
5. Proof of work experience.
You can apply by sending your applications to the following address: email@example.com
Mention ” Purchasing & Logistics Assistant – CoSMO Project ” in the subject of the email
Applications that are incomplete or received after the deadline will not be taken into consideration.
Applications from women are encouraged.
Deadline: 15/12/2022 at midnight Cameroon time.