JOB OFFER: PROJECT ASSISTANT, EYE CARE
ABOUT HELEN KELLER INTL
Helen Keller International is an international non-governmental organization whose mission is to save the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged by combating the causes and consequences of blindness and malnutrition. To do this, we establish programs based on evidence and research on vision, health and nutrition. Founded in 1915, Helen Keller is headquartered in New York, with regional offices in Senegal and Phnom Penh to support 22 country offices in Africa and Asia.
Over the past 13 months, Helen Keller-Cameroon has worked with the Ministry of Public Health and Ministry of Secondary Education in Cameroon to implement an inclusive school health project in the health district (DS) of Efoulan (region of the Center). This project aimed to diagnose and treat refractive errors in children aged 11 to 15 years.
With funding from the Røros Foundation, Helen Keller plans to extend these services to new DSs, including the DSs of Biyem-Assi (Central region) and the DS of Dschang (Western region).
In order to strengthen the support of the teams in charge of the implementation of the ROROS project – Eye Health and Correcting Refractive Error in Cameroon, Helen Keller International – Cameroon is launching a call for applications for the recruitment of a ” Project Assistant » based in Dschang in the western region.
The objective of this project is to diagnose and treat refractive errors in children aged 11 to 15, in new DS, in particular the DS of Biyem-Assi (Centre region) and the DS of Dschang (region of the West).
Job Title : Project Assistant
Place of employment : Dschang
Supervised by : Eye Care Project Manager
Type of contract : CDD
Duration : One (01) year renewable
Description of the following specific tasks :
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Project Assistant will monitor the implementation of activities related to an overall project to prevent blindness, identify visually impaired children and link them to health and education services. education. He/She will contribute to strengthening the technical capacities of the education system and the health system to meet the needs of these children. To achieve this, he/she will also work closely with a Senior Ophthalmologist and other key stakeholders to ensure quality project implementation .
- Provide technical support to all key stakeholders to ensure the successful implementation of the project in the health district (DS) of Dschang.
- Participate in the planning of project activities in collaboration with the project ophthalmologist and the project manager.
- Monitor the implementation of project activities in the DS of Dschang, this includes meetings and workshops bringing together stakeholders, teacher training sessions, student screening sessions, data collection.
- Represent Helen Keller Intl-Cameroon (upon authorization from the Country Director) at Western Region stakeholder meetings.
- Participate in the drafting and submission of technical and financial reports required by donors and other stakeholders. Other types of reports/documents may be required at the request of the project manager.
- Contribute to the writing of scientific articles according to the guidelines of the hierarchy.
- Participate in updating project indicators based on data collected in the Dschang DS.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the hierarchy.
- Hold a diploma of Doctor, Optician, Optometrist, Refractionist, Superior Technician in Ophthalmology (TSO), State-certified nurse (IDE) or any other diploma deemed equivalent.
- Have at least two years of clinical or community work experience
- Have good communication and social mobilization skills
- A mastery of the use of statistical analysis software and tools (SPSS, Epi info, R, ENA, ODK, ONA.IO) will be an asset
- Master office software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and electronic messaging. The manipulation of pivot tables, the automation of calculations, functions, matrix calculations, tables of hypotheses, and macros in Excel will be assets.
- Being bilingual (French and English) will be an asset
- Ability to work in a team and perform under pressure.
Constitution of the application file :
- A letter of motivation addressed to the National Director of Helen Keller International;
- A resume ;
- Three reference persons or structures to contact including at least one former direct supervisor.
Qualified candidates should send their complete file to email@example.com indicating the position title in the subject line .
The deadline for submitting applications: December 15, 2022 at midnight, strict deadline .
Helen Keller is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity of all genders is fully valued.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, race, caste, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic that does not does not affect the ability to perform the required tasks.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities.
If you are a qualified person with a disability and need to request accommodation during the job application or interview process, please contact us at the above email address or by phone: cm.recrutement@ hki.org
NB: HELEN KELLER INTERNATIONAL
- DO NOT RECRUIT THROUGH A RECRUITMENT AGENCY;
- DO NOT ASK ANY FEES OF ANY FORM FROM THE CANDIDATE;
- DO NOT ASK FOR CANDIDATES’ BANK ACCOUNT INFORMATION;
- ALL RECRUITMENTS ARE FREE