Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 2 Years
Closing Date: May 30, 2022, 11:59:00 PM
Primary Location: Cameroon-Yaounde
Organization: AF_CMR Cameroon
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAM
The country team is responsible for promoting technical cooperation, stimulating interest and coordinating assistance for health development based on global and regional strategies and WHO guidelines. It is also responsible for contributing to the collection, analysis and dissemination of health information.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Initiate correspondence projects on the orientation of the Heads of Programs; Finalize them in accordance with WHO and departmental styles and check for language, grammar and accuracy before submission for approval and signature;
- Organize the administrative preparation of internal and external meetings, including the preparation of activity plans in GSM / Oracle, invitation letters, cost estimates and travel requests;
- Assist in the preparation of documents;
- Sending material and liaising with participants and other people involved;
- Analyze correspondence and requests received, highlight incoming documents and attach information that can serve as background and identify areas requiring action by Program Managers, drawing their attention to important points.
- Schedule meetings of the Program Administrators, according to schedules and needs;
- taking minutes of meetings and following up on items requiring action to ensure prompt response to WHO requests;
- Obtain background materials for meetings, seminars, workshops, etc. in which the Program Administrators take part, check their availability and ensure that they have the appropriate information packs and documents;
- Ensure that technical reports and documents conform to WHO standards, rules, practices, procedures and editing style and correct them if necessary before submission for the Representative’s signature. Use appropriate monitoring tools, follow up and ensure that deadlines and deadlines are respected, and that correspondence and requests are analyzed and processed as soon as possible;
- Use GSM to prepare official travel requests for Program Officers. Make air and hotel reservations, prepare travel packages and handle other related matters, as requested;
- Perform other related duties as required or directed, including support to Administration and the Representative’s Office.
- Essential: Diploma End of secondary studies followed by training in Administration and Management.
- Desirable: Bac +2 in Administration and Management.
- Essential: 5 years of experience in a recognized public or private institution.
- Desirable: Experience in administrative support positions within WHO or another UN agency is an asset. Experience in systems based on Oracle or another system similar to ERP is an asset.
The incumbent will be required to demonstrate proficiency, updating knowledge in the use of modern office technology through in-house, on-the-job or self-training courses. He/she keeps abreast of changes in procedures and practices, rules and regulations, organizational structure, in the Country Office, cluster and WHO, to be able to brief and explain procedures to other members Staff.
- Team work
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Setting an example
- Producing results
- Creating an empowering and motivating environment
Use of Language
- Skills Essential: Expert knowledge of French.
- Desirable: Intermediate knowledge of English.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at XAF 9,166,000 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
To apply for this job please visit careers.who.int.