ob title: Program Administrative Assistant
Location: Douala, Cameroon
Primary manager: Human Resources Manager
Reports To : Director of Public Health Evaluation and Research, Senior Technical Research Officers, Country Implementation Manager
Contract Duration: 06 months (renewable)
Applications Due: March 04, 2023
“Sometimes in life, there is that moment when it’s possible to make a change for the better.
This is one of those moments.”
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and at over 5,500 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to eliminate pediatric HIV and AIDS by implementing HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide. For more information, please visit our page:
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is seeking a Program Admin Assistant to provide administrative assistance to EGPAF Cameroon’s Public Health Evaluation and Research teams in the areas of procurement coordination, administrative/financial coordination, logistics, field stock coordination as well as liaison between technical and operational teams for the coordination of daily operations, facilitating the planning and timely execution of mutual tasks.
The Program Admin Assistant shall demonstrate versatility by working in close collaboration with Human Resources, Procurement, Finance, and Logistics Units.
Manage procurement and ensure effective and timely procurement services following agreed procurement timelines (Distribution of POs, collection of quotes, etc.), carry out archiving of documents related to procurement (quotes/pro-forma, Purchase orders, Invoices, Delivery/Goods Received Notes, contracts).
- Communicating with carriers and suppliers to ensure that all shipments are delivered on time, ensuring the fulfillment of the whole procurement process as per EGPAF Logistics Handbook, SOPs, and per donor requirements where required.
- Ensure adequate issued documents are duly signed and available before issuing any program supplies, and ensure appropriate purchases supporting documents are filed accordingly (Per project and period, also ensure that the Procurement Request Form is accurate with all information.
Assist in a timely manner with the relevant programs, departments, units, and services regarding the delivery of supplies, keeping all parties informed of any changes, and ensure that the Procurement Tracker form is fully complete on a daily basis and is available for distribution to the manager on a regular weekly and monthly basis.
- Prepare all vendor’s and facilitators’ invoices for the finance department for timely payments of procured Goods and Services, maintaining an accurate and up-to-date supplier information database for regularly purchased items, and information about local market conditions. Systematic filing of transactions supporting documents (Goods Received nots, Waybill, etc.
Procurement Support & Coordination
Collects approved procurement request forms (PRF) from site leads in the designated supported district on a weekly basis.
- Consolidates each of the site PRFs into a master PRF and submits to the project director for approval, follows up on approval, and submits to the procurement department.
Maintains a log of all master PRFs submitted per district, and provides weekly updates to the site leads, TAs, and Cameroon ELTs on the status of the procurements.
- Provides the distribution list to the inventory officer and verifies that supplies/commodities have been distributed and received in the sites as per the PRF specifications.
Finance Support & Coordination
Assist in preparing cash advance requests from the supported district staff and site level
- Prepare budgets for workshops, seminars, and training in accordance with the project work plan and budget.
- Ensures cash advance requests are processed on a timely basis.
- Works with a finance team and district teams to provide supporting documents for mobile money payments.
- Where approved, can make payments via cash directly to participants eg for adolescent support groups in coordination with the site leads and finance team.
- Liaises with the finance team to provide outstanding advances reports to the district leads and escalates any advances outstanding more than 30 days to the project director and country director.
Supports and liaisons with the finance team to ensure that all timesheets for supported district teams are submitted on a timely basis.
Admin Support & Coordination
Coordinates the logistics for workshops, seminars, and training for supported districts
Documenting meeting minutes from time to time
Book travel arrangements
Submit and reconcile expense reports
Maintain computer and manual filing systems
- Implement clerical duties and administrative processes.
Education & Experience
- Diploma in Administration, Office Management, Management, Accounting, and other related areas;
Knowledge of NGOs is an asset.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Good communication skills;
Good organizational & planning skills;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Flexibility & strong sense of confidentiality;
- Be creative and have a sense of service;
Good command of the Office Pack;
Good command of French and/or English.
Applications will be considered until March 04, 2023 .
Please note that only shortlisted applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
This position is subject to donor funding.
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EGPAF complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.
To apply for this job please visit phe.tbe.taleo.net.