USA Embassy Yaounde
Announcement Number: Yaounde-2022-014Hiring
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.Supervisory Position:NoRelocation Expenses Reimbursed:No
Under the direct supervision of the Procurement Supervisor, incumbent is the sole procurement staff responsible for processing offshore and local contracting actions for the Department of State and other resident agencies. Advises customers on appropriate content of statements of work (SOW) and assists in drafting SOWs and helping establish independent government cost estimates as necessary. Reviews contractual documentation for accuracy and regulatory compliance. Assists the Procurement Supervisor in tracking existing contracts and initiating renewals to avoid service interruptions. Assists in pre-solicitation conferences, award letters, and official notifications with bidders and contractors. Follows-up with delinquent contractors. Maintains paper and electronic contracting files.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: At least three (3) years of experience in procurement or contracting work in an international organization or large local institution is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Incumbent must have a comprehensive understanding of applicable local laws and fiscal legislation governing commercial transactions in Cameroon, local market practices, and contract management.Education Requirements:
At least two years of university studies is required.
LANGUAGE: Fluency in English and Good Working Knowledge in French are required. This may be tested
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Strong reading and writing skills to create, understand, and analyze complex legal documents. Basic mathematics ability required. Strong negotiating skills and demonstrated tact are required. Must be computer literate in the Microsoft Office suite of products. Must be able to work on online procurement management and logistics programs. Must have a Category B driver’s license and have been driving for at least five years. This may be tested.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Cameroon may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.Other Information:
For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to ApplyHow to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Embassy issued Security clearance.
To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested educational certificate/diploma and/or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
- Residency and/or Work Permit (if applicable)
- University certificate/attestation or equivalent
- Driver’s License
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
- Copy of Sponsor’s Orders/Assignment Notification or equivalent (if applicable)
- Passport copy (if applicable)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)Next Steps:
ONLY Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Cameroon.
Click here to view related jobs
To apply for this job please visit erajobs.state.gov.