The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and at over 5,500 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide. For more information, please visit our page: www.pedaids.org .
EGPAF works in partnership with the Ministry of Health NACC and the Regional and District Health Teams to support HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment, and health systems strengthening services. EGPAF is mainly funded by PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Title: Procurement Assistant
Department: Field Operations
Rental Cameroon – Ebolowa, South Region
Reports To: Procurement Officer
Closing Date: March 04, 2023
The purpose of this role is to support Procurement work in all EGPAF offices in an efficient and cost-effective management way of business while playing the role of a support function.
- Organizing procurement of all supplies and service needs as requested by users in a timely and cost-effective manner and according to EGPAF Policy on procurement, and keeping in mind any donor requirements. (Submitting requisitions for GPS entry);
- Preparing tender documents, bids, and related documents in line with the Foundation’s policy and procurement manual;
- Ensure transparency and value for money is achieved in all procurement activities at all times;
- Manage procurement and ensure effective and timely procurement services following agreed procurement timelines (Distribution of POs, collection of quotes, etc.), carry out archiving of documents related to procurement (quotes/pro-forma, Purchase orders, Invoices, Delivery/Goods Received Notes, contracts);
- Communicating with carriers and suppliers to ensure that all shipments are delivered on time, ensuring the fulfillment of the whole procurement process as per EGPAF Logistics Handbook, SOPs, and per donor requirements where required;
- Ensure adequate issue documents are fully signed and available before issuing any program supplies, and all appropriate purchases supporting documents are filed accordingly (Per project and period, also ensure that the Procurement Request Form is accurate with all information;
- Assist in a timely manner with the relevant programs, departments, units, and services regarding the delivery of supplies, keeping all parties informed of any changes, and ensure that the Procurement Tracker form is fully complete on a daily basis and is available for distribution to the manager on a regular weekly and monthly basis;
- Prepare all vendors’ and facilitators’ invoices for the finance department for timely payments of procured Goods and Services, maintaining an accurate and up-to-date supplier information database for regularly purchased items, and information about local market conditions;
- Systematic filling of transactions supporting documents (Goods Received notes, Waybill, etc.)
To be successful, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree, diploma, or professional certification in Supply Chain & Logistics, Higher Diploma in CIPS or a related field.
- At least 3 years of working experience in a similar post
- Excellent skills in databases, word processing, and spreadsheets.
- Detail-oriented and with special attention to accuracy.
- Well organized, self-guided, and motivated to produce quality work.
- Integrity, objectivity, and the ability to gain the trust and respect of peers
- Working knowledge in English and French.
Bonus points if you have:
Experience gained in the international non-profit sector preferred
As a global, multinational, and multicultural organization, EGPAF believes that diversity in the workplace enriches our work and enhances our impact and effectiveness. We believe that employees have the right to work in a climate of mutual respect and integrity that promotes dignity and respect for all, and that enables them to reach their full potential.
EGPAF is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to country law requirements, EGPAF complies with US laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.
The Foundation does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process. If you are asked to pay a fee at any stage of recruitment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
To apply for this job please visit phe.tbe.taleo.net.