SURVIVAL CHAIN CLINIC
JOB TITLE: Nutritionist
RENTAL: Buea, Cameroon
TYPE OF JOB: Full Time or Part Time
- Evaluate and assess nutrition status of patients and screen patients for nutritional risk in accordance with established department protocols and standards.
- Plan and initiate medical nutrition therapy to patients if indicated by patient’s requirements and clinical protocol.
- Recommend health programs to patients to improve on their nutritional habits.
- Educate and counsel patients and families on nutritional issues, either individually or in groups.
- Communicate individual nutritional care plans to other health providers as a member of a health care team.
- Monitor canteen participation, identifies and resolves problems between canteen staff and patients.
- Order, and maintain inventory of program supplies.
- Performs various administrative duties related to public health nutrition programs.
- Maintains professional growth and developmental competencies.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Cameroon nationality
- A degree or diploma in Nutrition
- Work experience of three months and above, experience working with the Cameroonian health system is an asset
- Age 23-35years
- Written and spoken Languages: English and/or French, Pidgin will be an asset.
- Lives in Buea or ready to relocate to Buea
- Demonstrate effective communication skills
- Develop and deliver products, programs or services that promote client health, wellness and lifestyle management.
- Deliver respectful, science-based answers to clients questions concerning nutritional trends
- Develop and evaluate recipes, formulas and menus for acceptability and affordability that accommodate the cultural diversity and health needs of the client.
- Use effective education and counseling skills to facilitate behavior change.
- Have good interpersonal skills, be compassionate, patient, empathy and the ability to build healthy relationships with others.
- Have excellent organizational and management skills
- Have good instructional skills
- Possess good mathematical skills
- Have an excellent scientific knowledge on biological processes
- Refer clients and patients to other professionals and services when needs are beyond individual scope of practice in accordance with SCC’s policies and protocol
- Conduct nutrition focused physical exams
- Treat individuals with respect, warmth and empathy.
- Recognize, expose and challenge wrong belief of people with the knowledge and understanding of the truth.
- Organizational awareness.
- Analytical thinking.
- Willingness to serve beyond job description.
- Good Conflict Resolution Skill.
- Be honest and transparent in all dealings.
- Good physical appearance.
- Good communication skills.
- Teamwork and collaboration.
- Proactive in any given situation arising within the framework of your duty.
- Individual qualities : dynamic, rigorous, meticulous, ability to work under pressure, good interpersonal skills, Willingness to learn new skills and enhance knowledge Sense of confidentiality, Good self-governance, Good Judgmental and decision making skills.
How to Apply
Once you click on this link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1E- bT5rnXBtYYVrYjh7Ax9yI1fQcVA7Am ? usp =sharing , it will direct you to a main folder that contains files of various position, choose the form corresponding to the position you wish to apply for, print, fill and scan the application form together with all the below listed required documents and send to us:
Application for job opportunity requirements:
- A typed Cover Letter to the CEO of Survival Chain Clinic not more than 1 page.
- Resume not more than 3 pages (PDF)
- Scanned copies of the required diplomas (Advanced Level and above)
- Scanned copy of Driver’s license (Driver only)
- Last school certificate (Security and Canteen Staff only)
- Scanned copy of National identity card
- Scanned copies of documents justifying the candidate’s experience (certificate of internship and employment, work certificate)
The complete file must be sent to the following Email address email@example.com no later than May 20th, 2022 at 12:00 pm the strict deadline. Please when sending your application; the subject of your E-mail MUST BE: POSITION + APPLICATION FORMS (ie NURSE APPLICATION FORMS)
NOTE: SURVIVAL CHAIN CLINIC
- DOES NOT RECRUIT THROUGH A RECRUITMENT AGENCY.
- ALL APPLICATIONS AREFREE
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org