SURVIVAL CHAIN CLINIC
JOB TITLE: Nurse Midwife
RENTAL: Buea, Cameroon
TYPE OF JOB: Full Time or Part Time
- Work alongside other medical professionals to diagnose and treat reproductive health issues.
- Perform routine reproductive screening for male and female patients.
- Order, perform and interpret diagnostic test and prescribe treatments for pregnant women
- Assist mothers and families through attempts to conceive pregnancy and post pregnancy care.
- Preparing women for Labor and delivery and assisting with the birthing process.
- Monitor the health of expectant mothers and their infants.
- Counseling and educating male and female patients on contraceptive, reproductive health and family planning.
- Perform administrative duties such as taking patient’s history and handling appointments
- Cameroon nationality
- A degree in midwifery.
- Work experience of three months and above, experience working with the Cameroonian health system is an asset
- Age 23-35years
- Written and spoken Languages: English and/or French, Pidgin will be an asset.
- Lives in Buea or ready to relocate to Buea
- Work in partnership with client and their chosen support community throughout the care given relationship
- Respect and support the dignity, right and responsibility of the client.
- Be committed to addressing inequities in health care status and outcome.
- Work as autonomous practitioners, and collaborate with other health care and social service providers whenever appropriate.
- Be able to work to optimize the wellbeing of the mother-baby unit as the foundation of care giving.
- Be able to recognize the empowerment inherent in the child bearing experience and strive to support clients to make informed decisions and take responsibility for their own baby’s wellbeing.
- integrate clinical or hands-on evaluation, theoretical knowledge, intuitive assessment, spiritual awareness and informed consent or refusal as essential components of effective decision making.
- Strive to ensure optimal birth for the whole family and provide guidance, education and support to facilitate the spontaneous processes of pregnancy, Labor and birth, location and mother baby attachment using appropriate interventions as needed.
- Value continuity of care throughout the childbearing cycle and strive to maintain such continuity.
- Be committed to sharing your knowledge and experience through such avenues as peer review, preceptorship, mentoring, seminars, training programs and participation in SCC statistic collection program.
- Practice in accordance with institutional/national legislation, policies and procedural guidelines.
- Maintain clear and legible documentation and records.
- Ensure own physical, cognitive, psychological & emotional fitness to practice and deliver.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability for care within scope of practice and level of competence.
- Support, collaborate and co-operate with team members and other healthcare professionals.
- Treat individuals with respect, warmth and empathy.
- Recognize, expose and challenge wrong belief of people with the knowledge and understanding of the truth.
- Organizational awareness.
- Analytical thinking.
- Willingness to serve beyond job description.
- Good Conflict Resolution Skill.
- Be honest and transparent in all dealings.
- Good physical appearance.
- Good communication skills.
- Teamwork and collaboration.
- Proactive in any given situation arising within the framework of your duty.
- Individual qualities : dynamic, rigorous, meticulous, ability to work under pressure, good interpersonal skills, Willingness to learn new skills and enhance knowledge Sense of confidentiality, Good self-governance, Good Judgmental and decision making skills.
How to Apply
Once you click on this link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1E- bT5rnXBtYYVrYjh7Ax9yI1fQcVA7Am ? usp =sharing , it will direct you to a main folder that contains files of various position, choose the form corresponding to the position you wish to apply for, print, fill and scan the application form together with all the below listed required documents and send to us:
Application for job opportunity requirements:
- A typed Cover Letter to the CEO of Survival Chain Clinic not more than 1 page.
- Resume not more than 3 pages (PDF)
- Scanned copies of the required diplomas (Advanced Level and above)
- Scanned copy of Driver’s license (Driver only)
- Last school certificate (Security and Canteen Staff only)
- Scanned copy of National identity card
- Scanned copies of documents justifying the candidate’s experience (certificate of internship and employment, work certificate)
The complete file must be sent to the following Email address email@example.com no later than May 20th, 2022 at 12:00 pm the strict deadline. Please when sending your application; the subject of your E-mail MUST BE: POSITION + APPLICATION FORMS (ie NURSE APPLICATION FORMS)
NOTE: SURVIVAL CHAIN CLINIC
- DOES NOT RECRUIT THROUGH A RECRUITMENT AGENCY.
- ALL APPLICATIONS AREFREE
To apply for this job please visit gmail.com.