Our client is a solidarity company, created in France, with the vocation of radiating a positive impact on the lives of people and communities throughout the world while ensuring solid economic profitability for the sustainability and development of its actions. The staff shares a base of three common values, the foundations of individual motivations: courage (boldness and openness), well-being (respect and sharing) and collective success (organization and optimization).
The company designs, develops, finances, produces, installs and operates solar solutions adapted to areas poorly served by public electricity networks in sub-Saharan Africa.
The strength of the company lies in its economic model, which makes it possible to offer families and micro-entrepreneurs previously without electricity guaranteed equipment at an affordable price thanks to special payment facilities. The company is now experiencing strong growth. The Cameroonian subsidiary currently has more than two hundred employees and plans to grow rapidly in the coming years. This business development dynamic is also reflected in the search for new levers of profitability, whether
through the creation of products and services, the establishment of partnerships or the extension of customer targets.
This dynamic of rapid development implies additional efforts in the development of the strategic growth of the company to offer products and offers adapted to the demand of our customers and targets. It is in this context that a Marketing Strategist position has been created under the responsibility of the Director / Director of Strategic Growth to support these developments on the marketing side.
The position is based in Yaoundé, occasional field trips are to be expected.
General Management Unit (Business & Marketing Innovation unit), Manager level
Applications from women are strongly encouraged!
The Marketing Strategist reports to the Managing Director, leading the Business & Marketing Innovation unit.
He/She will have to directly manage the teams/agents assigned to strategic and digital marketing missions and projects.
He/she will be responsible for, among other things:
- The Marketing Strategist is responsible for the widespread application of marketing methodology within the company, and for providing the information and other decision-making tools to do so.
- He/she is also responsible for selecting, analyzing and summarizing sectoral and marketing information deemed relevant with the aim of feeding the company’s strategy and catalysing the development of its products and services. Its main activities are thus centered on both a highly analytical and creative approach.
He/she should thus:
- Contribute to the definition and revision of the strategic marketing plan
- Diagnosis and Strategic Analysis
- Build factual and quantified diagnoses of the activity providing a clear vision of the levers of profitability, and propose levers for optimizing business models
- Carry out portfolio analyzes in order to compare the profitability of product lines and partnerships, and to feed customer value models or business plans
- Develop databases and determine segmentation criteria and contribute to the definition of market segmentation
- Determine and use the appropriate market analysis tools and supervise their implementation (PESTEL, PORTER, telephone surveys, or actions in the field, etc.)
- Set up a marketing information system
- Consolidation of key data and information to build the complete vision of a given market or product
- Structure and analysis of databases needed to quantify market sizes and track product performance in those markets
- Intervene on complex strategic and tactical issues: pricing strategy, optimization of ranges of offers, rationalization of marketing investment choices, etc.
- You will be responsible for optimizing the offer and its marketing in a geographical area (several countries), and will carry out cross-functional projects
- Ensure a permanent competitive, technological and market watch
- Quantitative/financial analysis of competitors; analysis of key success/competitor differentiation factors – and recommendations
- Design tests allowing a relevant comparison of business choices (Test & Learn), manage their follow-up and analyze their results in order to recommend the optimal evolutions of the offer in the fields of pricing, mix or B2B2C or B2C product parameters, relationship marketing, etc.
- Recommendation of strategies according to markets and products
- Implement and track strategic growth
- Bac + 5 level (Business school or equivalent)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar position
- Professional French and English
- Excellent analytical and synthesis skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, open-mindedness and interpersonal skills and working collaboratively
- Curiosity and sense of anticipation
- Sense of organization, rigor
- Strength of proposal
- Strong motivation to work in the agile environment of a company with societal impact
- Experience and expertise in “traditional” and digital marketing required
- Knowledge of the energy sector / energy access is a plus
- Experience in a marketing agency in a recognized agency (product development, communication, positioning of offers, etc.) is a significant asset
Deadline for receipt of applications: February 17, 2023
To apply for this job please visit amsco-advisory-services.odoo.com.