Market Operations Analyst – Prefinancing
Acting as the functional heart of our business, Operations makes everything work on time and on target, in a world that demands lightning-fast transaction speeds, pinpoints execution accuracy and full visibility. It ensures global transactions flow smoothly around the clock, wherever we do business. Without it, the daily clearance, settlement and execution of a trillion dollars’ worth of trades and the weekly movement of tens of billions of dollars in dozens of world currencies would come to a complete standstill.
You’ll have strong communication, planning and organizational skills which will benefit you and the team. Our teams need individuals who can research, process, and interpret large amounts of information everyday which will allow you to make ethical decisions with integrity
The Market Operations Analyst is an entry level role responsible for processing basic to relatively complex transfers in coordination with the Transaction Services team. The overall objective is to perform moderately complex cash & trade operation tasks, by providing processing assistance for assigned projects.
- Perform cash management operations, such as cash handling, check processing, return items and lock-box operations
- Provide processing assistance for firm payments, receivables, trade transactions, liquidity flows and wholesale card activity
- Aid with processing firm payments, receivables, trade transactions, liquidity flows and wholesale card activity
- Serve as a subject matter expert for User Acceptance Training (UAT) and training initiatives; train new team members and lower level personnel
- Participate in compliance related activities to minimize losses
- Assist with cash & trade operational project needs
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
The hired person will be more engaged in the below activities:
- Monitoring transactions received that are eligible for prefinancing including CBFT and TRADE (LC/IC) transactions with regards to the Central bank amount threshold and in accordance with the Treasury team. Consolidate the list of transactions and generate MT298.
- Ensure required for KYC/AML documentation for ordering customer and for beneficiary is in place
- Prepare the prefinancing request, according to do Central bank prescribed documentation and requirement. Submit the transaction in eTransfer (input the FULL detail of the transfer, including the reference and date invoice) and upload all the documents. Prepare/submit Note explicative in case of need.
- Monitoring of approval & of cover received (spooling messages, check intraday statement)
- Maintain a closed follow up with the Central Bank on all pending transactions/ actions
- Liquidation of suspense accounts and charges related to the pre-financing process
- Handling of tasks pertaining to Market Ops (RTDM reporting, Report all the FX Risk Hedging transactions, etc..)
- Serve as back up for all other activity in the Excon unit.
- Be a driving force on process improvement and automation for reduce of MTP
- Ensure assigned regulatory reports are submitted timely and accurately
- Comply and submits various Management & RR report that includes but not limited to (Pre-Financing status report, Prefinancing tracker, FX Risk Hedging transactions Report, RTDM, 48h review, daily rate review, weekly Prefinancing dashboard …etc).
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in handling cross border payments specially in relation with the Central bank
- Demonstrated basic experience in cash management processing and transaction services, with good understanding of exchange control regulations and subsequent texts
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools and data entry skills.
Bachelors/University degree or equivalent experience