Key Responsibilities (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
- Contribute to the development and implementation of supply chain plans and procedures, in line with the global WFP supply chain strategy and regional/functional strategies, policies and plans, to achieve operational cost efficiency, agility, reliability, quality and to support national capacity strengthening.
- Contribute to country context analyses and management of end-to-end operational supply chain and retail networks, in order to support addressing operational supply chain challenges and obtaining operational optimization.
- Contribute to the implementation of supply chain operations, initiatives and services to ensure a timely, cost-effective and integrated approach with core activities and services.
- Collect and analyze data and put together reports highlighting opportunities for improvement and effective operationalization of supply chain within the area of responsibility.
- Conduct portions of financial analysis and budget reviews, drawing out recommendations to the supervisor for maximizing use of resources and effectiveness of supply chain operations.
- Partner at the operational level and collaborate with counterparts in the key supply chain functions contributing to an integrated supply chain approach to food assistance and crossfunctional operational alignment.
- Conduct portions of market analysis and supply chain network mapping for the review of the supervisor, to support wider analytics on the selection of an appropriate operation modalities to improve supply chain performance.
- Support supply chain projects or operational day-to-day activities in compliance with the established supply chain strategies, policies, procedures and controls, and following corporate standards, contributing to quality control, loss prevention, risk mitigation and cost effectiveness.
- Support monitoring supply chain activities to check that appropriate internal controls are followed to increase the day-to-day efficiencies and overall performance of supply chain operations.
- Support management of service providers/vendors, port, fleet and warehouse operations to promote safe, efficient planning and execution of WFP operations.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports or support preparation of complex reports, dashboards and other visual materials on supply chain activities for supervisor’s review to contribute to informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to the stakeholders.
- Guide support staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
- Contribute to preparedness actions and support quick emergency response to deploy food and resources at the onset of the crisis.
Other as required.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
- Experience in analysing operational context and trends;
- Experience in supporting analytical and conceptual work on supply chain strategy and implementation;
- Experience in designing plans and operational scenarios in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in analysing end-to-end supply chain operations;
- Experience working with supply chain information systems;
- Experience in troubleshooting and solving operational issues.
Qualifications and Key Requirements:
Education: Advanced University degree preferably in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, Logistics, or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
Experience: At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in the role.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) in French.
Deadline for application
Date: 27th April 2022 at 11:59 PM
This position is open to Cameroonian nationals only.
Terms and Conditions
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting an inclusive work environment in which diversity is valued and where no form of discrimination is tolerated. We aim to achieve parity in our teams in West and Central Africa.
Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.