Key Responsibilities (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
- Oversee funds management activities and ensure adequate funds commitment and utilization procedures are fully implemented in Douala corridor.
- Ensure continuity of operations in the corridor and mitigate risk through adequate budget planning and timely request of needed funds to beneficiairie countries (Chad and RCA).
- Establish an appropriate funds mamagement approach in the corridor and ensure that any regular services are engaged without corresponding funds being committed through a Purchase Order in the system.
- Review monthly the corridor budget consumption, provide analytical reports to the supervisor on actual expenses vs. funds committed and provide justification on any outstanding balances.
- Ensure overall transactions captured in the system are accurate and liabilities and assets are accounted for at any given point in time.
- Ensure IPSAS compliance through monthly monitoring of open logistics Pos, on time creation of Logistics SES, Invoice processing and payment.
- In collaboration with the other units in the office, identify operational bottlenecks that are impacting funds management & invoicing and propose solutions.
- Coordinate with finance unit and to ensure Invoice Tracking System (ITS) is fully used and all invoices in the system are paid within 30 days.
- Share disputed invoices or non-compliant invoices with the supervisor and if agreed, prepare justification and return these invoices to the service provider with clear rejection reasons.
- Maintain appropriated invoice filing system along with all the signed copy of the waybills.
Qualifications and Key Requirements:
Education: Advanced University degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Supply Chain, Logistics or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experiences and/or training/courses.
Experience: At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in Financial Management accounting with exposure to accounts analysis.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) in French.
Deadline for application
Date: 27th April 2022 at 11:59 PM
This position is open to Cameroonian nationals only.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting an inclusive work environment in which diversity is valued and where no form of discrimination is tolerated. We aim to achieve parity in our teams in West and Central Africa.
Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.