The United Nations World Food Program is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger. WFP’s mission is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lives. Every day, WFP works around the world to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, especially women and children, can have access to the nutritious food they need.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (indicative and non-exhaustive list):
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Logistics/Head of Office and the general supervision of the Head of the “Commodity Accounting” unit, the incumbent will perform the duties and the following responsibilities:
- Provide general supervision of the implementation and full use of the WFP information system at all stages of the supply chain from the unloading of food to its delivery to destination by guaranteeing the quality of the data of the system.
- Ensure that all transactions posted in the system are carried out in accordance with standard procedures and in line with WFP guidelines.
- Regularly analyze transactions and data relating to ship unloading, storage, reconditioning, re-packaging, change of status, possible destruction/donation and dispatch of food to stores.
- Identify the number of errors and inconsistencies, their recurrence in the information system and propose strategies to the supervisor to solve this problem.
- In close liaison with colleagues in charge of transport, stores, invoicing, ensure that transactions on the movement of food are recorded in time
- Guarantee good communication and exchange of information in the system between the headquarters, the Douala corridor, the recipient countries (Cameroon, Chad and CAR) and the reliability of the data in the system.
- Plan and organize monthly physical inventories, and ensure that these inventories are carried out in all stores where WFP food is held on the last days of the month. Ensure inventories are reconciled and captured in the system before the closing deadline.
- Thoroughly verify and produce justifications for any differences between the system’s stock and the inventory reports in the stores in order to maintain reconciliations and adjustments in the stock.
- Establish regular reports on foodstuffs in store and alert the supervisor on foodstuffs with an approaching expiry date.
- On a monthly basis, prepare a report of the losses incurred and indicating the value of the commodities lost by provider and share them with these respective providers
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bac + 4 years or equivalent in Management, Logistics, IT management, or statistics.
- Have at least five (05) years of professional experience in logistics.
- Experience in the United Nations System and in NGOs would be an asset.
- Be physically fit;
- Have a good knowledge of computers (mastery of common software: word processing, spreadsheet, PowerPoint, internet);
- Have a team spirit and public relations;
- Be of good character and have a sense of transparency and rigor in management.
- A good knowledge of database management is an asset.
- Excellent command of French
- Good knowledge of English.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: April 27, 2022
Please note that the only documents you need to submit at this time are your CV and cover letter. Additional documents such as passports, letters of recommendation, university certificates, etc. may potentially be requested in the future.
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.