Solidarités International is recruiting:
One (01) Logistics Manager
Place of employment: Yaoundé
Type of contract: CDD of 10 months
I. Presentation of the organization
Solidarités International is a French humanitarian organization present in Cameroon since July 2014. Since 2014, the mission has been carrying out several emergency and post-emergency programs in the East and Far North regions. After a first base opened in Garoua Boulaï in 2014 to respond to the Central African crisis and the massive influx of CAR refugees in the region, then in Makary in early 2017 to respond to the crisis in the Lake Chad basin, SI opened in October 2017 a base in Mokolo, then Maroua in order to meet the basic needs of vulnerable populations in the border areas of the Mayo Tsanaga department. Thus in Cameroon, Solidarités International intervenes in the areas of Water, Hygiene and Sanitation (WASH) and Food Security and Livelihoods (SAME).
II. Responsibilities and job description
The Logistics Manager supports the Logistics Coordinator in managing logistics activities on the mission. He (She) particularly provides support to the management of the supply chain for the proper accomplishment of IS actions, the filing and archiving of logistics documents in strict compliance with IS procedures. He (She) participates in the implementation and supervision of all logistical activities on the mission. He (She) ensures the interim at least the interim of the Logistics Coordinator in case of absence.
Supervision of mission order processing and implementation of the purchasing process
• Receive and check requests for quotations and BCI issued by the bases before transmission to the Logistics Coordinator or the Logistics Manager.
• Ensure BCI follow-up and inform the bases of the progress of the processing of their orders in capital.
• Provide support to base logisticians for purchasing.
• Monitor the implementation of purchases by ensuring compliance with validation rules and procedures and inform the logistics coordinator in the event of a problem or delay.
• Update price lists and supplier files.
• Ensure that purchasing records are complete and archived according to IS procedures.
• Ensure the follow-up of relations with suppliers.
• Provide support to the Logistics Coordinator in tracking domestic and international freight and shipments.
• Follow customs clearance and exemption procedures for imported equipment.
Mission stock management
• Ensure that warehouses are properly maintained and secured.
• Participate in physical inventories of stocks located at the coordination level.
• Consolidate the monthly stock inventories of the various bases of the mission for transmission to the Logistics Coordinator.
• Ensure that monthly physical inventories are carried out and reconciled with theoretical inventories.
Vehicle fleet management
• Consolidate the monthly consumption relating to the vehicle fleet of the various bases.
• Supervise the administrative management of documents related to vehicles (log book, contracts, insurance, registration, etc.).
• Ensure the execution of maintenance and repair operations of mission vehicles.
• Ensure the presence of the appropriate on-board package in each vehicle.
• Establish the planning of the movements of the vehicles of the coordination.
• Ensure the composition and presence of the on-board package in all vehicles
• Participate in the consolidation of fuel consumption and mileage indexes for each of the vehicles
• Take note of the legislation in force with regard to radiocommunication equipment
• Participate in the sizing of the means of communication of the mission according to the opportunities and constraints related to the field with the logistics coordinator
• Participate in updating the state of the mission’s radiocommunication equipment in conjunction with the Logistics Coordinator.
Computer park management
• Participate in the sizing of the mission’s computer park
• Ensure the maintenance and proper use of the computer park
• Perform pre-diagnostics for all requests for the return of equipment for after-sales service in France and validate with the head office IT department
• Ensure the correct shipment of equipment to France and the presence of supporting documents: Waybill and breakdown sheet, etc.
• Ensure that weekly automatic backups are carried out in coordination and on the bases as well as the antivirus updates.
• Assign the logistics codes to each piece of equipment entering the fleet
• Participate in updating the state of the mission’s IT assets in conjunction with the Logistics Coordinator or the Logistics
• Assist the Logistics Coordinator for updating Mission Safety Pack day.
• Regularly update the constant mission companion.
Human Resource Management
• Participate in the recruitment process for the logistics coordination team.
• Prepare the schedules of the coordination logistics teams.
• Evaluate the performance of the personnel under his responsibility.
• Provide support for the implementation of schedules on the bases (guards, drivers, etc.).
Reporting / Capitalization
• Consolidate the monthly logistics reports of the bases
• Capitalize information on distances, prices, modes and transport companies.
• Classify and archive the mission’s logistics documents.
• Participate in the preparation of the archives to be sent to headquarters.
III. Required profile
• Level: Bac + 3 minimum, in the field of logistics, inventory management and supplies or equivalent.
• Minimum experience of 12 months in a similar position
• Knowledge of the office pack, in particular Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook;
• Excellent communication skills in French
• Good knowledge of international solidarity logistics procedures would be an asset.
• Strong capacity for resourcefulness and learning
• Organizational skills (important)
• Honesty and transparency required
Your application file must imperatively consist of the following documents: CV, cover letter, photocopies of diplomas and certificates, valid national identity card, work certificates, list of at least 3 relevant references. You can add any other relevant document likely to complete your file. All document files should be named according to the content of the document.
Your file should be sent to the HR Department of Solidarités International by email with the subject “MANAGER LOG COORDINATION” at the address: email@example.com. No paper applications will be accepted, and incomplete applications will not be processed.
Deadline for receipt of files: 07/03/2022 at 11:59 p.m. (Cameroon time).
Preselected candidates on file will be contacted by email and/or telephone to take a technical test.
The feminine candidacies are deeply encouraged.