Place of employment: Yaoundé
Type of contract: CDD of 09 months
I. Presentation of the organization
Solidarités International is a French humanitarian organization present in Cameroon since July 2014. Since 2014, the mission has been carrying out several emergency and post-emergency programs in the East and Far North regions. After a first base opened in Garoua Boulaï in 2014 to respond to the Central African crisis and the massive influx of CAR refugees in the region, then in Makary in early 2017 to respond to the crisis in the Lake Chad basin, SI opened in October 2017 a base in Mokolo, then Maroua in order to meet the basic needs of vulnerable populations in the border areas of the Mayo Tsanaga department. Thus in Cameroon, Solidarités International intervenes in the areas of Water, Hygiene and Sanitation (WASH) and Food Security and Livelihoods (SAME).
II. Responsibilities and description of tasks
The Logistics Agent manages the reception, storage, securing and delivery of foodstuffs, goods, tools and materials used by Solidarités International or under the responsibility of Solidarités International. He (she) participates in the edition and the follow-up of all the administrative documents related to the stored goods. He (she) ensures the maintenance of all the equipment and infrastructures of his/her home base. He (she) participates in the supply of the base of affection and participates in the archiving of the purchase files. He (she) will have the following main responsibilities:
• Support the logistician in updating the price lists and supplier files of the home base market
• Contribute to the implementation of Solidarités International purchasing procedures on his home base
• Support the logistician in the verification and processing of requests for quotations and BCI from the base of affection
• Establish and archive purchasing files according to the rules and procedures Solidarités International and donors
• Support the logistician in the implementation of purchases by ensuring compliance validation rules and procedures in force within SI
• Ensure that the products purchased correspond to the applicant’s requirements in terms of quantity and quality
• Ensure that the format and information of quotes and invoices are compliant
• Ensure compliance with administrative procedures for the management of advances and payment of suppliers
• Carry out computer monitoring and updating of BCI
Maintenance of buildings, spaces equipment and stored materials
• Check the facilities and infrastructure of the warehouse outside and inside: identify damage and propose the necessary repairs
• Supervise the cleaning and regular disinfection of warehouses
• Put in place protection against insects and pests inside warehouses and apply treatment at the first signs of infection
• Ensure adequate ventilation of the premises
• Ensure that the devices and machines used by the teams are cleaned before returning to the warehouse
• Check the quality of the products upon receipt. Discard non-compliant or infected products and report to the logistician.
• Check product quality regularly during storage. Pay particular attention to expiry dates
Warehouse and stock management • Supervise the team of daily staff linked to the activity of the warehouse
• In connection with the logistician, provide the personnel and equipment necessary for loading / unloading
• Write or complete the shipping or receiving documents in accordance with Solidarités International standards
• Control the inputs and outputs of materials
• Keep the stock sheets in paper format and the battery sheets up to date
• Participate in the monthly inventories of goods and stored materials and reconciliation with the theoretical inventory
• Regularly inspect Solidarités International offices and residences in order to determine the necessary work to be undertaken
• Make a statement of needs and manage a stock of maintenance parts and consumables
• Maintain all the equipment or furniture on the base, carry out small maintenance and minor repairs as well as adjustments to the Solidarités International buildings, after validation by his line manager
• Supervise the cleaning of offices and homes, waste management as well as garden maintenance
• On request, assist the mechanic in the repair and cleaning of vehicles
• Supervise the proper use of generators on the base and plan maintenance operations
• Assist the teams in unloading small
• Supervise the movements of staff by providing them with the required means of transport and contribute to the monitoring of movements
• Establish the schedule of vehicle movements
• Ensure the composition and presence of the on-board kit in all vehicles
• Check the presence and proper use of vehicle tracking books
• Prevent misappropriation of fuel and spare parts
• Participate in writing activity reports and inventory reports
III. Profile sought
• Level: Bac + 2 minimum, in the field of logistics, inventory management and supplies or equivalent
• Minimum experience of 12 months in a similar position
• Knowledge of the office pack, in particular Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook;
• Excellent communication skills in French
• Good knowledge of International solidarity logistics procedures would be an asset.
• Strong capacity for resourcefulness and learning
• Organizational skills (important)
• Honesty and transparency required
Your application file must imperatively consist of the following documents: CV, cover letter, photocopies of diplomas and certificates, valid national identity card, work certificates, list of at least 3 relevant references. You can add any other relevant document likely to complete your file. All document files should be named according to the content of the document.
Your file should be sent to the HR Department of Solidarités International by email with the subject “AGENT LOG COORDINATION” at the address: firstname.lastname@example.org. No paper applications will be accepted, and incomplete applications will not be processed.
Deadline for receipt of files: 08/07/2022 at 11:59 p.m. (Cameroon time)
Preselected candidates on file will be contacted by email and/or telephone to take a technical test.
The female candidates are deeply encouraged.