The delegation of the International Committee of the Red Cross for Central Africa in Yaoundé is looking for its logistics center in Douala called Coorporate Services Network – CSN:
Position: Un (e)-01- Logisticien (ne)
Place of work: Douala
Duration initial contract: 12-month CDD (offer reserved exclusively for Cameroon nationals)
Starting date: as soon as possible.
Purpose of the position:
Logistician 1 provides technical and operational support in the areas of purchasing, warehousing, inventory management, import-export activities and the production of statistics in accordance with ICRC logistics standards and local legislation .
- Ensures the management of the general logistics of the ICRC in Douala
- Manages and plans the supply chain (manages and tracks requests, provides customer service and performs related reports)
- Participates in purchasing planning (purchase orders, order requests, supplier files, etc.):
- Assistance in the management of ICRC warehouses and import-export operations
- Oversees the management of the ICRC vehicle fleet in Douala
- Ensures the capacity building of colleagues in the field of logistics;
- Ensure that operational risks are mitigated by performing the controls assigned to his role as described in the logistics risk and control matrix
- Able to provide technical support to neighboring Delegations (CAR and Chad) through ad hoc support missions.
- Master’s / Bachelor’s degree in Logistics and Transport or international trade or any other relevant training
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the field of commercial, military or humanitarian logistics with supervision of medium-sized teams;
- Good ability to negotiate and communicate
- Good command (oral and written) of English and French;
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of specialized software
- Field experience in an international organization will be an asset;
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team;
- Ability to work within operational priorities and procedures;
- Good ability to work independently.
HOW TO APPLY?
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV and cover letter in PDF format by email to email@example.com with subject “ Logistician 1 ”. This position is open for both internal and external applications.
Deadline: 23.12.2022 at 5 p.m.