AFRICA FOOD IMPORT SA is looking for a LOCAL INDUSTRY BUYER for its headquarters based in Douala
Attached to the SUPPLY CHAIN Department, the buyer will be responsible for:
- Participate in the definition of the strategy in collaboration with its manager and the plant management;
- Ensure the implementation of the strategy through a targeted choice of products / services and suppliers;
- Coordinate the supply chain and delivery flows;
- Negotiate purchase contracts; Implement the purchasing management policy;
Management and supervision of purchasing and supply operations
- Participate in the definition of the purchasing policy, according to the areas (products, services, benefits, general services.)
- Advise and support the Management in the implementation of the purchasing policy and the setting of objectives for the optimization of costs, quality and deadlines
- Define programs and procedures for purchasing services and products.
- In concert with the technical departments (maintenance, production, QHSE, etc.), develop technical specifications expressing the needs of the plant
- Prospect, write calls for tenders and select suppliers capable of meeting the plant’s strategic needs
- Ensuring supply operations
- Optimize purchasing and procurement processes (e-procurement.)
- Regularly monitor new tools and service providers
- Control the purchasing procedures and the execution of the contracts
Choice of service providers and negotiation
- Establish specifications / an order listing all the needs for products and services
- Organize calls for tenders in order to select the service providers and suppliers likely to meet the specifications / defined order
- Negotiate with suppliers and define the terms of the contract (prices, delivery times, etc.)
- Take charge of exchanges and daily monitoring of suppliers and subcontractors
- Negotiate supply conditions with suppliers in terms of cost, quality, lead time, payment terms, etc.
- Build and manage supplier quality and develop long-term relationships with preferred suppliers
- Identify, anticipate and manage supplier risks
Monitoring/control of purchasing and supply operations
- Set up key indicators and dashboards to measure the performance of the actions carried out: inventory turnover rate, delivery times, availability rate, quality of goods and services provided…
- Perform supply status reporting
- Analyze supplier performance by updating and maintaining indicators
- Ensure deadlines are met
- Ensure the proper routing of goods until delivery to the departments concerned
Analyze internal needs and conduct calls for tenders
- Together with the departments indicated, identify the needs of internal departments, production and distribution
- Clearly define the needs with them, taking into account all the parameters to optimize costs and deadlines.
- Define and have the tender management committee approve the criteria for selecting suppliers and awarding the contract.
- Propose the negotiation strategy according to the optimal cost price
- Conduct tenders in strict compliance with the rules of transparency, fairness and impartiality
- Prepare and present to the tender management committee the final recommendation
- Proceed with ordering according to the negotiated conditions and follow up on deliveries.
- Monitor the execution of contracts, remind suppliers if necessary in order to limit errors or delays in delivery
- Check the goods delivered, their conditions of transport, and / or the conformity of the services
- Check invoices, settle disputes
Seek new suppliers for investments, products or services
- Prospect markets, find out about new potential suppliers via the Internet, trade fairs, magazines and databases; update its information base by expanding it internationally
- Put in competition the suppliers likely to meet the imperatives of costs, deadlines and quantities, select them according to the criteria defined with the management of the company
- Build and maintain supplier records
- Promote good business practices with suppliers in the context of calls for tenders.
Relations with suppliers and evaluation of supplier performance
- Analyze supplier achievements and classify them according to the KRALJIC matrix
- Establish an appropriate action plan by group of suppliers with a view to improving relations
- Analyze the risks and propose an action plan to respond to each type of risk.
- Collect, from users and production, the information necessary to monitor supplier performance
- Plan and execute the assessment of the most important and/or sensitive suppliers.
- Academic level: Bac + 3 in Logistics and transport option international trade, purchases and supplies, Trade, Management;
- Professional experience: 02 years of experience in the supply chain / purchasing function and at least 01 year in the industrial sector
- Additional training and/or qualifications: Purchasing training or any leading international certification; training or certification in industrial maintenance
- Maximum age: 50 years old;
- Be able to work under pressure with hours of varying amplitudes;
- Mastery of negotiation techniques;
- Mastery of Supply Chain management tools used daily;
- Communication skills and ease, listening skills required for regular exchanges with suppliers;
- Ability to negotiate;
- Mastery of techniques for calculating costs and evaluating deadlines;
- Fluency in English is essential.
Application file: CV, cover letter
Deadline: Friday July 29, 2022
Send your application to: email@example.com
Click this link to join our whatsapp group to receive latest job and internship updates in Cameroon