The Support Program for Changes in the Cameroon Cotton Basin – Rural Development Support Program (ABC-PADER) of the GIZ is the result of joint cooperation between Cameroon, Germany and the European Union. It started in September 2020 and is co-funded by the European Union (EU) and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). It aims to improve the economic performance of private actors in agriculture and livestock by taking into account production systems adapted to climate change. More specifically, it is a question of strengthening employment in rural areas and the sustainability of production systems in the face of climate change.
Achieving these objectives requires the implementation of activities and measures through the following products:
- Securing land and sustainable land management;
- Agricultural finance and entrepreneurship;
- Sustainable productivity enhanced by climate-smart agriculture;
- Sector policy and inter-institutional dialogue;
- Agropastoral vocational training.
To ensure (i) better capitalization of data in relation to the program indicators and (ii) better documentation and sharing of experiences and lessons learned, the team must be reinforced with a Junior Expert in management of knowledge and data. The post holder will allocate 100% of their time for the ABC-PADER program co-financed by the European Union (EU), of which 80% for the co-financed action (output 1 and output 2) and 20% for the action Pure BMZ (output 3).
The incumbent is responsible for the following activities in accordance with the quality standards in force:
- Reception and digitization of data from the various ABC-PADER products;
- Establishment and maintenance of a filing and distribution system for important documents;
- Contribution to the development of Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation (PSE) tools and presentation materials (fact sheets, presentations, publications, etc.);
- Contribution to the ABC-PADER report.
- Reception and digitization of data from the various ABC-PADER products
The job holder
- Supports the PSE unit in the organization of surveys and other data collection methods;
- Collects information, activity reports and mission reports;
- Ensures the entry and updating of the database;
- Ensures the application of specific EU and GIZ data protection requirements.
- Establishment and maintenance of a filing and distribution system for important documents
The job holder
- Gathers, processes (e.g. drafting summaries) and communicates relevant information within the program including key partners;
- Maintains active knowledge management through the use of internal instruments (DMS, Intranet, and others);
- Collects, classifies (DMS and others) and synthesizes documents of importance for the program’s ESP;
- Maintains an ongoing dialogue with internal subject matter experts for document management in the DMS and other knowledge management platforms;
- Responds to external requests for information and data (partners etc.).
- Contribution to the development of PES tools and presentation materials (fact sheets, presentations, publications, etc.)
The job holder
- Prepares reports and presentation files;
- Develops in collaboration with the technical advisors technical sheets and presentations on project approaches for external and internal presentation;
- Organizes and implements an Onboarding system for new program collaborators (provision and presentation of important documents for the position and the project, making appointments with colleagues, etc.);
- Prepares relevant contributions for the various program reports, including activity reports;
- Supervises the interactivity and updating of websites (external and on IDA), the Facebook account as well as contributes to the sharing of Newsletters.
4. Other attributions
The incumbent assumes other activities and tasks on the instructions of his immediate superior.
- Bac +4/5 in the fields of agronomy, research and development, statistics or any other similar field;
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the field of development cooperation, preferably in knowledge management or monitoring and evaluation.
- Very good practical knowledge of the use of information and communication technologies (corresponding software as well as telephone, fax, e-mail, Internet) as well as computer applications (especially MS Excel, Word, Power Point, or other software master data)
- Very good written and oral communication skills in French, good basic notions of English and German would be an asset;
- Good knowledge of logical planning and cross-cutting issues such as gender, environment and conflict;
- Ability to work in a team, and motivation, high degree of self-organization, structured way of working and intercultural skills.
Date of availability: 01.07.2022
Deadline for admissibility of application files: 10.05.2022
Contract period: 2 years renewable
Place of employment: Garoua
Internal classification of the position: Bande 3T; under the hierarchical supervision of the Program Director.
Composition of application files
- 1 cover letter
- CV of 2 pages maximum
- 3 professional references.
all application files must only be sent via the e-recruiting platform of the GIZ-CM career site accessible through the link https://gizkamerun.jobs.net
Female applications are strongly encouraged!
NB: Recruitment at GIZ is free of charge. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The files of unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed 6 months after the date of publication.
To apply for this job please visit application.careerbuilder1.eu.