CALL FOR INTERNAL/EXTERNAL APPLICATIONS FOR THE RECRUITMENT OF A JUNIOR CASHIER ACCOUNTANT FOR THE BSB YAMOUSSA PROJECT OF THE DEUTSCHE GESELLSCHAFT FÜR INTERNATIONALE ZUSAMMENARBEIT (GIZ/COMIFAC) IN GAROUA.
The biological diversity of the Sena Oura – Bouba Ndjida Binational Complex is representative of that of the Central African Savannas. The area abounds in a very rich biodiversity which constitutes an inestimable potential in particular, the large emblematic mammals including elephants, Derby elks, damalisques and felines necessary for its socio-economic development. Unfortunately, these resources are under various pressures, sometimes leading to considerable and generally irreversible losses due to factors such as the poverty of local populations, the increase in local and international demand for wildlife products. For example, the massacre of elephants in Bouba Ndjidda National Park in 2012 considerably reduced the number of these pachyderms.
Faced with this situation, the states concerned continue to make considerable efforts to curb this phenomenon. This desire is materialized by the adoption of new forest and wildlife control strategies, the assignment in the area of numerous agents and the construction of infrastructures in the protected areas, to tackle this sensitive issue.
It is within this framework that the Sustainable Forest Management Program in the Congo Basin / Support Project for the Binational Complex Sena Oura – Bouba Ndjidda (BSB Yamoussa), aware of the high risk of disappearance of certain wildlife species of ecological importance and economic, is committed to promoting and integrating the concepts of environmental education and biodiversity conservation in schools in the peripheral areas of the BSB Binational Complex.
To support and follow this dynamic, the BSB Yamoussa Project is looking for a Junior Cashier Accountant for its Coordination Office in Garoua .
A- Area of responsibility and powers
- Assist in the smooth running of services within the division and their compliance with GIZ procedures for financial administration and accounting
- Check all the supporting documents before disbursement, according to the expenditure commitment procedure in force at GIZ;
- Prepare advances and travel accounts for partners and national staff of the BSB Yamoussa project;
- Immediately inform their line manager in the event of difficulty (service malfunction, non-compliant parts, cash register error, etc.);
- Rigorously file the supporting documents according to the procedures in force at GIZ;
- Photocopy all documents as required and ensure the availability of scans if deemed necessary.
- Ensure the security of cash, checkbooks, documents entrusted to him.
- Verify the accuracy of all supporting documents before transmission to the project manager for validation.
- Prepare and ensure the transmission of accounting supporting documents to the Regional Office within the deadline and make the necessary corrections on error notifications;
- Assist in the preparation of workshops and the organization of events when needed;
- Support the monitoring of local grants;
- Respect at all times the rules of confidentiality and discretion implied by his function;
Management of the fund :
- Hold the project cash register;
- Keep a daily follow-up of advances: service advances, operating advances, mission advances;
- Ensure the daily sending of accounting documents to the auditor accountant;
- Strictly classify the supporting documents in the order of registration in the Cashier’s logbook;
- Ensure the availability of funds in the fund for planned activities;
- Enter the supporting documents on winpaccs cashbook according to the regulations in force at GIZ;
- Check the accounting supporting documents before payment, according to the expenditure commitment procedure in force on the project;
- Pay suppliers and mission budgets;
Control/ Receivables :
- Ensure the follow-up and clearance of debts of the BSB Yamoussa project
- Support the smooth running of the project’s internal control and the formulation of responses to observations resulting from the control as well as the implementation of recommendations
- Ensure compliance with GIZ rules and procedures according to the P&R.
Other powers :
- Ensure the management of the Bank when necessary.
- Takes on other duties as instructed by his/her supervisor
B- Qualifications, skills and experience required :
- A minimum level of study BAC + 3 in administration / financial management / audit or equivalent qualification.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a similar position.
- Have strong abilities to establish and maintain good working relationships;
- Be able to work under pressure in a multicultural environment;
- Demonstrate loyalty and respect the confidentiality of all information collected as part of the exercise of its functions;
- Have very good knowledge of French, English would be an asset;
- Be autonomous, dynamic and organized;
- Have analytical and step-back skills;
- Have a good command of the computer tool;
- Be open to criticism and questioning;
- Be available for business trips (within the country and in the sub-region);
Contract start date : 01.03.2023
Contract period : Two (02) years renewable
Duty station : Garoua , the position may require extensive travel
Internal classification of the position : Band 3A under the hierarchical supervision of the administrative and financial manager
Deadline for admissibility of application files: 01.02.2023
C- Composition and submission of applications
- Composition (required) of application files: Cover letter, CV (2 pages max) and 03 professional references
- All applications will only be received on our career site, via the e-recruiting platform accessible through the link: https://gizkamerun.jobs.net
Female candidates are strongly encouraged !