The Economic Community of Central African States is recruiting 01 Junior Assistant in communication and party management.
COMPANY NAME : The Project Coordination and Management Unit (UCGP) Regional “Hub” on the Transparency of Climate Action for the States of Central Africa POSITION TITLE
: Junior Assistant in communication and stakeholder management
REFERENCE : 05_2022/HUBC/DERNADR/CEEAC
PLACE OF ASSIGNMENT : Douala – Cameroon
TYPE OF CONTRACT : Full-time individual service contract
DURATION : CDD 1 year (renewable)
SUBMISSION DEADLINE : April 15, 2023
DATE OF STARTING OFFICE : May 15 2023
Terms of reference
CONTEXT AND RATIONALE:
The Commission of the Economic Community of Central African States (ECCAS) is the executive body of the regional economic integration instrument in Central Africa. Its constitutive treaty of October 18, 1983 was the subject of a revision signed on December 18, 2019 and ratified to date by all 11 countries of the sub-region. It covers all the activities of public institutions, private companies, civil society and the populations of the region in an integral dynamic perspective based on five pillars: peace and security; common market ; environment and natural resources; land use planning and infrastructure; gender and human development. Economic Growth,
Humanity is facing one of the crucial challenges of the present times, namely climate change and the degradation of earth resources, which threaten the living environment of man and undermine the economic development efforts of countries, especially those developing countries.
To deal with this crisis, under the aegis of the United Nations, three major environmental conventions were adopted in 1992 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, including the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC ), to which all the member states of ECCAS have adhered. Each of these States is making efforts to implement it. In view of the constantly growing threats and to strengthen climate action, the parties to the UNFCCC adopted the Paris agreement in December 2015, which, unlike the Kyoto Protocol, is binding on all parties that sign on to it. commit, through a Nationally Determined Contribution (CDN), called to be renewed and be more ambitious every 5 years. It was indeed this exercise that had just been engaged in.
with a view to supporting Member States in setting up comprehensive and sustainable MRV systems and encouraging exchanges of experience between States. It aims to:
1. Create a center of expertise for climate action transparency
2. Assess the needs and priorities of each country
3. Build capacity in the Congo Basin
4. Create a network of national experts and officials
5 Disseminate tools and guidelines to support transparency
6. Support resource mobilization
This Hub is a collaborative approach involving the countries of the Congo Basin and various institutions and technical and financial partners supporting the Transparency of Climate Action.
For the management of this new initiative in Central Africa, the ECCAS Commission has created a Coordination and Management Unit of the said Hub based at CAPC-AC in Douala, Cameroon. As part of the constitution of the staff of this unit, it is planned to recruit a Communications and Stakeholder Management Assistant.
As such, the Project Coordination and Management Unit invites motivated nationals of ECCAS Member States to submit their application for the position of Junior Assistant in Communication and Stakeholder Management.
The objective of the position is to ensure fluid communication and update on the actions of the hub with the various stakeholders according to the rules of the art and also according to the requirements and contractual conditions specified in terms of communication.
The Assistant is responsible for communication with the various stakeholders related to the activities of the Hub. To this end, he must:
- Ensure stakeholder engagement and communication support: workshop logistics, information dissemination, etc. Writing of workshop reports.
- Ensure up-to-date information on the hub, including tracking transparency capacity indicators (expertise, gender and social groups (e.g. youth), organizations, sectors, levels, etc.)
- Provide feedback to managers on your own level of engagement in Hub activities.
- Identify areas that would increase engagement and improve results.
- Maintain a link and visibility of the Hub’s activities with the media of all ECCAS Member countries
- Animate the Hub website and ensure its regular updating and its connection with the DERNADR and Commission websites
- He (she) will work in direct and close collaboration with the communication and public relations service of ECCAS, so as to ensure that information on the activities of the Hub is updated and taken into account at the level of the commission. .
DETAILS OF THE MISSION:
Under the supervision of the Hub Coordinator, he/she is responsible for aspects related to communication on the Hub’s activities with the various stakeholders and thus ensures the updating of information on the Hub’s activities.
As such, he/she performs the following activities:
- Ensure the dissemination of information to stakeholders;
- Analyze communication needs and objectives (e.g. targets, messages) and propose media content that takes into account the specificities of stakeholders;
- Coordinate and monitor the distribution of content to all stakeholders and regularly update communication content according to the activities of the Hub;
- Develop communication strategies taking into account stakeholders and including gender;
- Manage the logistical aspect of events organized by the Hub as part of its communication missions
- Make a selection of the press review on the basis of media and themes;
- Prepare the reports of the various workshops and communication actions.
- Animate the Hub website
- Collect stories and images to create social media content and stories
- Provide strong contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice by synthesizing lessons learned and disseminating best practices.
The Junior Assistant in communication and management of Hub stakeholders must have specialized training in marketing/communication and international relations, meeting the criteria and references below:
- University degree (BAC+4 minimum) in international marketing, political science, international law, public affairs, communication, journalism or equivalent.
- Good understanding of analytical and thematic transparency in adaptation, mitigation and support.
- Good knowledge and understanding of aspects related to green finance and resource mobilization.
- Good communication and engagement skills.
- Perfect command of French and English, good knowledge of Portuguese and Spanish would be an asset.
- Have successful professional experience in a similar position of at least 3 years, preferably with sub-regional organizations and networks in Central Africa;
- Good knowledge of the UNFCCC process and the Paris Agreement
- Have experience in the use of standard office software (Word, Excel, Email, Power point, Access) and a perfect command of the Internet;
- Have the ability and predisposition to work in a multicultural team
- Be at least 34 years old
Female candidates are strongly encouraged
- Report on the rate of stakeholders aware of the Hub’s activities
- Prepare satisfactory and timely reports;
- The content of communications and their audience
- The ability to implement communication programs
- A working knowledge of French and English is essential.
- Knowledge of another language (Spanish, Portuguese) is desirable.
HOW TO APPLY?
Motivated candidates are invited to submit their application (first): CV (with three references) + cover letter to the President of the ECCAS Commission at the email address below: hubclimat@ ceeac_eccas.org with copy to email@example.com
Deadline: April 15, 2023