Salary: 150,000 – 500,000 / Month
Mfah-Mfah Academy was born from the irrefutable idea that every child has innate talents and abilities. Developing and harnessing these individual capabilities will enable students to become outstanding global citizens with the ambition and ability to make a meaningful impact in their communities. For more information, please visit www.mfahmfahacademy.org
The School Chef is responsible for planning a comprehensive menu for the students that the guarantees high quality meals and service during the school term and during events hosted at the academy. The School Chef will work closely with the Head of School and kitchen staff to ensure proper management of refectory and inventory.
The School Chef will equally ensure all students will special meal requirements related to health and allergies are catered for as needed.
Missions / Responsibilities / Activities
The School Chef will:
- Produce daily nutritious meals using fresh ingredients, including breakfast, snacks, lunch and supper including any special dietary requirements.
- Maintain the highest standards of health, hygiene, and safety. Equally to maintain an impeccably clean kitchen and refectory environment.
- Design a local menu based on locally sourced ingredients and work with local small scale farmers to achieve at least 80% locally sourced ingredients within 2 years.
- Manage and control all food, to include receiving and checking stock, checking equipment and materials are used correctly, closely monitoring portion control
- Manage cooking staff and undertake any other tasks appropriate with the duties and responsibilities of the post.
Skills / Requirements / Qualities
Education and Experience
- Previous experience working as a chef and/or a recognized Catering Qualification
- Formal culinary training a plus
- Experience in allergen awareness a plus
- General interest in/passion for good food and taking pride in the food that is produced
- Ability to build and manage a small team to support student meal requirements
- Experience with industrial baking a plus
- Good organizational skills
- Working knowledge of English and French
- Good communication skills
” Curriculum vitae