As part of the implementation of its activities, the Youth for Promotion of Development (YPD) association based in Yaoundé, working in the sustainable management of natural resources offers two (02) Professional Internships in Forestry and Natural Resource Management.
Under the supervision of the Programs/Projects Manager, the intern will:
- Take an active part in the development and implementation of projects in his area of expertise;
- Contribute to the permanent search for calls for projects and other opportunities via the various platforms and other technical partners;
- Contribute to raising awareness and training young people on various themes related to YPD’s activities;
- Contribute to the development of guides/manuals and articles related to the themes on which YPD works;
- Contribute to the implementation of support actions for young people and women undertaken by YPD;
- Produce activity reports and any other useful document (articles, briefing notes, petitions, photo videos, etc.) reporting on the activities, project results or advocacy process);
- Represent YPD at workshops, meetings, training or any other event to which the association would be invited;
- Assume important and demanding responsibilities both in the office and in the field;
- Perform any other task entrusted to him in his field of competence and in a professional setting.
- Have at least a Bac + 3 in Forest Management, Sustainable Management of Natural Resources, Forest Science, Climate Change, or any other similar field;
- Have a good knowledge of silvicultural and forest landscape restoration techniques/practices;
- Be able and motivated to contribute to the drafting of coherent development projects;
- Have basic notions of participatory management and community support;
- Have skills in the development of awareness/communication tools and strategies;
- Have a good command of the computer tool; MS Office (Word; Excel; PowerPoint). Mastery of mapping and remote sensing software (QGIS, ArcGIS; Envi, etc.) would be an asset;
- Have a good capacity for analysis and synthesis;
- Be able to work under pressure, within a multidisciplinary team and in a multicultural environment;
- Have the spirit of innovation;
- Have a good oral and written expression in French. Fluency in English would be an asset;
- Be motivated, rigorous, and organized.
The internship will have a duration of three (3) months renewable at the discretion of the supervisor and will begin on February 06, 2023.
How to apply?
Applications must be sent only electronically to the address ” firstname.lastname@example.org “, with the subject ” Internship in forestry and natural resource management “.
Constitution of the file
- A letter of motivation addressed to the Executive President of Youth for Promotion of Development (YPD);
- A resume ;
- A copy of the required diploma;
- A copy of the CNI.
Deadline: February 01, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.