Job title : Internal Control Officer
Department : Internal Control
Reporting Line 1 : Supervisor, Branch Control;
: Supervisor, Head Office Control
Location: UBA Cameroon Business Offices
Job purpose: Ensure compliance of daily business office operations with the Bank’s policies and external regulatory and statutory compliance legislation in force.
- – Ensure strict adherence to statutory policies, procedures and regulatory compliance on work processes and daily operations;
- – Assist business offices on compliance and regulatory issues and provide counseling whenever it is required;
- – Improve control and compliance awareness culture in the business offices;
- – Daily call-over of transactions;
- – Ensure the KYC compliant environment is maintained;
- – Ensure integrity in Business Office transactions;
- – Monitor and ensure that open items in the GL accounts are current and reflect the true nature of the data recorded therein;
- – Ensure prompt and qualitative rendition of relevant returns and reports as may be required;
- – Ensure all escalated audit exceptions open in the business office are properly closed;
- – Ensure prompt and qualitative rendition of relevant Control and Compliance reports;
Qualification required :
Minimum education level Bachelor’s Degree in Audit and Control, Accounting and Finance, Banking and Finance or any other relevant discipline.
Experience required :
Candidates (External only) must have at least 3 years’ seniority in the Banking Industry. Preferred candidates would ideally have a Financial, Accounting, Audit or Internal Control background.
- – Banking Operations
- – Auditing and Internal Control
- – Regulatory Laws
- – Fraud and Operational risk
- – Integrity
- – Problem solving skills
- – Attention to details
- – Good communication skills
- – Good team player
Candidates should send their resume and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org , with the heading “ COMPLIANCE OFFICER” by Monday, February 13, 2023 Before close of Business.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to proceed to the interview stage.
If you do not receive any response 01 month after this publication, kindly consider your application as non-accepted for this time.