- Announcement Number:
- Hiring Agency:
- Embassy Yaounde
- Position Title:
- Information Management Specialist – All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Open Period:
- 02/14/2023 – 02/28/2023Format MM/DD/YYYY
- Vacancy Time Zone:
- LE – 1805 11
- XAF FCFA27,160,754
- Work Schedule:
- Full-time –
- Promotion Potential:
- Duty Location(s):
- Telework Eligible:
- For More Info:
- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FP is 04. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
• All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- • Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- The work schedule for this position is Full Time (40 hours per week).
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time upon receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
Incumbent manages and coordinates all Information and Communications Technology (ICT) related matters including cloud systems, data storage, wireless communications, mobile technology, telephony, IT security, and computer hardware and software, ensuring that all ICT systems and services necessary for the country program office are operational at all times. Provides technical leadership and administrative oversight for computer hardware, software, systems architecture, security, training, and internet connectivity at Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Cameroon. Manages CDC Information Technology network systems, including computer systems, telecommunication network, and mobile devices and oversight support for the local area network (LAN) systems, including installation, configuration, operations, maintenance, and diagnosis. Assures acquisition and use of latest technologies in line with CDC IT security standards and policies. Collaborates with other CDC country office network administrators in the West Africa region and CDC Atlanta network engineers and contractors to ensure efficiency in design and support and adherence to CDC LAN/WAN standards. This position reports to the Deputy Country Director.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a mid to senior role with Windows operating systems and platforms, with installation, management and optimal usage and configuration of hardware and software and with managing and maintaining a LAN required. Of these five years at least 2 years’ experience with Cisco network switches and routers.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Thorough knowledge of microcomputer hardware and software technology, LAN operating systems, LAN based applications software, security, communications and diagnostic tools, computer application programming telecommunication equipment and computer hardware and software and management practices required. Must possess technical knowledge to develop long range (5 + years) plans, system architectures and technology implementations to ensure high reliability, availability, performance and serviceability of systems. Advanced knowledge of CDC property management policies and procedures and information systems for the proper execution of property management actions including additions to the country property account, retirement from account, transfers to other US Agencies (US Embassy, DoD) transfer of custody to implementing partners and/or the Ministry of Public Health, as appropriate. Job holder must also have a clear understanding of the host country IT environment (as well as political environment and culture). This includes telecommunication equipment, software and service industries at the central, regional, district and community levels as well as the national IT and telecommunications policy and regulatory environments and on-going industry initiatives.
- Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer sciences, information systems management, or business management or host country equivalent is required. In addition, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) certification, Network+ and Security+ Certification is required.
- LANGUAGE: Fluency in English and Good working knowledge in French (speaking/reading/writing) are required. This may be tested.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must possess superior technical skill to trouble shoot, diagnose and resolve hardware and software problems, thereby maximizing the capabilities of project computer resources. Ability to move equipment and property up to 25 kilograms to and from storage locations. Ability to learn and use new management software. Excellent interpersonal skills to maintain open communications with settling contracts and resolving systems issues and limitations with key officials and other associated persons and/or agencies. Must be self-motivated and be able to work with minimal supervision. Advanced keyboard skills with speed and accuracy are required. This may be tested.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass U.S. Embassy issued medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Yaounde, Cameroon may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
- For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
1. AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
2. AEFM / USEFM
3. FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Embassy issued Security clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
- Required Documents:
- To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
- Residency and/or Work Permit (if applicable)
- University Diploma or equivalence
- ID Card OR Passport copy (as applicable)
- Attestation of work or proof of experience
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
- Copy of Sponsor’s Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Passport copy
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Next Steps:
- ONLY Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Yaounde, Cameroon.
To apply for this job please visit erajobs.state.gov.