The delegation of the International Committee of the Red Cross for Central Africa in Yaoundé is looking for its Logistics Hub in Douala called Coorporate Services Network – CSN:
Un (e)-01-Import-Export/Transport Officer 1
Place of work: Douala
Initial duration of the contract: 12 months
Starting date: As soon as possible .
Purpose of the position:
The Import-Export/Transport Officer 1 ensures that all imported, exported and transit goods are transported in accordance with the customs regulations in force and is responsible for organizing the logistics of the transport of goods so that the ICRC can carry out its assistance activities.
- Establishes customs formalities in coordination with relevant stakeholders for all incoming and outgoing shipments, in accordance with applicable customs legislation and rules; Book air, sea and land transport services and monitor their execution;
- Organizes, groups and distributes by destination the goods to be dispatched, according to ICRC standards;
- Complete, track and archive documents relating to import-export and transport activities;
- Verifies invoices (from customs, freight forwarders, carriers) and submits them to his superiors.
- Collaborates with logisticians to process requests:
- Participates in the selection of external logistics service providers (forwarders and carriers).
- Obtain tax exemptions from national or regional authorities for goods that the ICRC imports:
- Establish weekly reports on the progress of files;
- Maintain JDE Impex, Profile and other databases;
- Ensures that the latest customs regulations are transmitted and applied.
- Graduate degree in Transit, International Trade, Logistics and Transport or any other equivalent degree;
- 03 years of professional experience in a similar position with good knowledge of customs law and regulations;
- Good knowledge of customs formalities and rules:
- Perfect command of French and good level of English (written and spoken); excellent command of computer tools (Excel and Word) and ERP systems;
- Be able to work under pressure and independently;
- Equipped with the following skills: teamwork, sense of responsibility, adaptation and learning, planning, analytical and synthetic skills.
How to apply?
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV and cover letter in PDF format by email to email@example.com with subject “ Import-Export/Transport Officer 1 ”. This position is open to both internal and external applications.
The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
NB: The entire recruitment process at the ICRC is open and free. Only the HR Department, (yao recruitment firstname.lastname@example.org) is authorized to provide information or results on this process.
Deadline: 09.03.2023 at 5:00 p.m.