World Food Program (wfp) is recruiting a Human Resources Associate /yaoundé
In the performance of his/her function, the Hyman Resources Associate will report to the Human Resources Officer. In this role, the Human Resources Associate will provide support to all units on matters pertaining to daily HR operations, Talent Acquisition, Onboarding.
The incumbent will cover this position according to the current structure and with the accountabilities and responsibilities laid down in the TOR and as specified by the head of the unit, in agreement with the established WFP Human Resources rules and regulations.
Missions / Responsibilities / Activities
- Provide assistance on a wide range of complex HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high quality HR services are delivered to clients.
- Allocate responsibilities and support on-the-job learning and development of junior support staff, to ensure they have adequate knowledge of HR systems and procedures required to perform their duties and subsequently can contribute to the provision of effective HR services.
- Identify evolving needs of the organization and recommend changes in HR processes and procedures, to support improvements in HR services.
- Analyze and respond to various internal and external queries, to ensure that clients are well-informed and that HR team activities are aligned with broader WFP objectives.
- Review and compile a variety of data on staff recruitment and selection, contractual conditions, entitlements, performance and training requirements, workforce, etc., to support analysis and reporting needs.
- Support activities in the areas of work allocated by the professional officer in compliance with relevant processes and procedures.
- Support and deliver on boarding for new staff joining WFP, to ensure that relevant processes are followed and the conditions of terms of service are explained and understood.
- Prepare a range of complex HR documentation required for the specific area of work (eg employment contracts, transfer/separation letters, training-related documents, etc.) ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines.
- Use HR management systems for reviewing, entering and updating a variety of HR data including monitoring various deadlines (eg contract expiration, PACE, etc), ensuring compliance with the established deadlines and accuracy of HR data.
- Co-ordinate the maintenance of confidential personnel records, HR databases and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards
- Monitor staff deployment and handle related administrative actions including preparation of reports, to support efficient HR service enabling WFP to respond quickly to a crisis.
To deliver a full range of HR support services to ensure accurate implementation of WFP policies and procedures and facilitate the effective functioning of a client-focused and strategy-oriented HR services.
4Ps CORE ORGANIZATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
- Be a force for positive change: Implement new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
- Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitate partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
Skills / Requirements / Qualities
- Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
- Six or more years of progressively responsible support work experience in general administrative work, including at least three years in human resources or other related field.
Knowledge & Skills :
- Knowledge of specialized HR administrative work practices and methods, gained through relevant technical training and experience.
- Good communication skills and good understanding of HR principles and their application in order to respond to and resolve a range of HR queries.
- Ability to conduct basic analyzes in order to generate periodic reports and make recommendations for further actions.
- Ability to build relationships with a variety of individuals across functions and outside WFP in order to effectively contribute to the functioning of the unit.
- Experience in supervising and co-ordinating tasks of subordinates to be able to train and supervise junior staff members within the HR function.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and use initiative to perform administrative tasks within broad WFP guidelines and standards.
- Fluency (level C) in French language. Fluency (level C) or intermediate knowledge (level B) will be an advantage.
» Level of experience: Senior
» Years of experience: Between 5 and 8 years
Check: All Recent Jobs in Cameroon
View ALL Scholarships in UK 2022
Opportunities for African Students 2022
For your daily job/internship updates: Click here to join our Telegram group