JOB ANNOUNCEMENT – The Georgetown University Center for Global Health Practice and Impact (CGHPI)
The Georgetown University Center for Global Health Practice and Impact (CGHPI) serves countries to improve their population health and wellbeing and to safeguard against health-related threats by advancing the use of evidence and human-centered enterprise architecture on the path towards achieving equity and social justice. To achieve this mission, we catalyze the uptake, spread, and implementation of innovations; triangulate data from different sources, and tailor visualization of the information for each audience; design and implement integrated service delivery models; support communities of practice to inform policy and practice through efficient data use and horizontal and vertical collaboration; disseminate best practices and evidence globally through open source learning networks; build global, collaborative, multi-disciplinary, and interprofessional networks; undertake research that is informed by local needs; and invest in local leadership to own, provide oversight, and sustain implemented interventions. Georgetown University, through CGHPI, has recently received an award from US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC) through funding from the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) to support HIV response efforts in Cameroon for achievement of HIV epidemic control to implement a program titled Translating Data and Evidence into Impact (TIDE). As a result, CGHPI is recruiting for the following program implementation positions. All prospective candidates must be fluent in French and working knowledge of English. This position will be based in Yaoundé or Bertoua.
Human Resources Assistant
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
Location: Yaoundé, Cameroon
Position Summary: The Human Resources Assistant will provide support the Human Resources Officer in promoting staff welfare, recruiting quality staff, enhancing job performance through development and management of employee performance , and ensuring that the organization’s personnel policies, regulations, and practices comply with the local labor laws. In addition, the HR Assistant will provide support in payroll management functions, including coordinating with external payroll agency and HQ.
• Applies GUGH policies and procedures.
• Ensures working conditions (staff regulations) are in conformity with legal requirements.
• Proposes improvements to support a qualitative human resources management framework.
• Ensures appropriate quality for all personal files and keeps them up-to-date at all time.
• Prepares registration of employees to social security & tax office and related payments.
• Keeps classifications and descriptions of functions and management manual up-to-date.
• Ensures up-to-date and validated job descriptions for every employee.
• Monitors paid and unpaid leave and serves as point of contact for staff information.
• Prepare certificates and other HR documents as needed.
• Supervises all movements of personnel from/to mission/project/home and all related formalities (briefing, visa, accommodation, trial period, extension of mission, early return, etc.).
• Participates in recruitment processes and ensures complete follow up of all required recruitment processes.
• Participates in briefing of international/national staff on staff regulations.
• Communicates to and briefs new employees on HR policies and regulations.
• Assists HR Manager in following-up disciplinary measures and court cases.
• Registers applicants to training and follows-up with HR Manager.
• Participates in the organization of social events for the staff.
• Prepares all correspondence with local authorities (ie tax offices, ministry of labour).
• Ensures documentation supporting qualitative end of contract process respecting legal requirements.
• Makes all HR related information available to staff at all time.
• Ensures continuous communication with HR manager.
Personal / Professional skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, preferably with HR related accreditation.
• At least 2 years’ experience in an HRM function in a reputable organization.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Deep understanding of the Cameroon employment and labor law practice environment.
• Must be fluent in French and working knowledge of English.
Instructions for Submitting Applications:
1. All applications should be submitted electronically to TIDECameroon@georgetown.edu.
2. Please mention in the subject line of the email the position for which you are applying
3. Applications should include 3 references that are familiar with the applicant’s work experience preferably in the last 2-5 years. References should include contact information including daytime phone and e-mail address.
4. All applications should include a cover letter that details one’s suitability for the job highlighting key functional areas, expected qualifications and experiences.
5. Candidates should attach a 3-page CV/Resume that highlights one’s key achievements in areas relevant to the job
6. Job related stated qualifications and experience are the basic minimum requirements that each applicant must meet to be considered for interviewing.
7. All applicants should include daytime phone contact information.
8. Deadline for application is Tuesday, 05 July 2022, 5 PM Cameroon Time. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
9. Georgetown University Center for Global Health Practice and Impact through its local entity Georgetown Global Health Cameroon is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of gender, ethnicity or any other status variable.